Thursday, August 29, 2019

My 1st DIY Haircut

Yup, I did it. I finally gathered up enough guts to cut my own hair. 💇🏻 I mean, I always considered doing it myself – since I've always cut my kids and The Husband's hair – but I was just too chicken to la. Haha. Until today! How much hair did I cut? Snipped off 9 whole inches, to be exact. 😎




Yeah, I said CUT; not trim. DIY hair trimming is child's play la. I already did that back in high school. But we're in the big leagues now yo! Haha. I think I qualify for my #badassbarber badge liao la after this. Totally feel like a semi-pro hairstylist now. And totally deserving of a self-pat on the back for my self-cut. Hahaha. #syoksendiri 


So how do I look after my cut??


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Tadaaaa! Not too bad la hor???




I'm somewhat surprised that there's still so much length to my hair after my cut – 9 inches!!! – but this is definitely layered max. To be honest, I would have preferred a shorter cut with slightly less layers but I have zero idea how to achieve that. LOL! I just watched a YouTube video and tembak. 


Me and my weapon.


Bought that silver thinning scissors from Olive Tree in Korea when I went there with The Husband end-Dec, early-Jan. Looks so pro, right? Hahaha. No regrets la, honestly. Expensive but totally worth the money. The earlier Daiso one I was using was so lousy I couldn't even thin short hair properly. It also kept cabut-ing hair out while I thinned my kids and The Husband's hair. Fail!


Not shown here is the Daiso hair scissors I used to cut off the big chunk of hair. Soooo lousy it's not worth taking a picture with it la. It took sooooo long for me to cut through my pathetically thin ponytail, man. And while I cut I was groaning with regret. Dunno if end up the cut would look like shit or not. LOL. And I don't have luscious locks to begin with, ok. If I had thick hair sure die la. Confirm cannot cut through it already.


Anyhoo, if anyone is going to Korea, please let me know! I tumpang you buy the Olive Tree hair scissors then pay you back, ok? Thank you many many!




Why now? I figured there's no better time than this to try DIY haircutting lah. Since I'm going to lose all my hair in a few weeks anyway. Might as well make the most of this experience! 💪🙆🏻🤗 #lookonthebrightside #thinkpositive




As for the hair, I'm keeping
this little bunch for memory's sake.
Because I'm sentimental like that. 🤗

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!