Sunday, July 09, 2017

Our 6th Anniversary Date

The beauty about being in Penang is that we have family here. There are my in-laws, my parents, and my older BIL's family. That's a fair number of people we can offload our kids off to. 😈


Well, it's our 6th anniversary today so...
TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THAT!!!


We left the kids to nap with Mama in the afternoon, then let her bring them off for play and dinner with their cousins later. That way, The Husband and I managed to sneak in an anniversary Movie + Dinner date without the kids missing us too much. 😎 #responsiblyirresponsibleparents


We were at Gurney Paragon for the movie (we usually movie at TGV – if ever we do 😅 – cos we get free tickets there) so The Husband decided to splurge on some Godiva ice cream for us to share. Never try before and special occasion ma. #suaku




Well, we both decided that this will be the first and last Godiva ice cream we'll ever have pay for. Subpar, underwhelming and overpriced. Pfft! Or maybe we have cheap taste and are cheapskate. LOLOLOL! 😂


We then drove out for an early dinner at
What The Duck Café & Restaurant, Nagore Road.





Lots of greens cos The Husband very healthy healthy now and also cos it was in their set menu. We both ordered different salads so we can be efficient and try all during one visit but I can't tell you what salads they were cos I'm not cut out to be a food blogger like that. Haha.


Me and my dunno-called-what salad.

The Husband and his also-dunno-called-what salad.

Soup.

While waiting for our main course.


We had to wait quite a bit for our main course of Duck Confit to arrive. (Hence the depletion of my drink.) But boy, was it worth the wait. Look at this gold-kissed, crispy-skinned beauty! 😍




No regrets la. Soooo good. The meat fell of the bones and the taste was just exquisite. Tasty and not at all ducky-smelling. 😷 You know la. Duck is like pork. It comes with a stink sometimes. Anyway, I'm not a super big fan of duck la, and I don't eat it very often but... how to go to What The Duck and don't order duck, right?? I finished this one off real good.


Dessert.


After that, we went home and life went back to normal. The kids were awake, there was lots of noise, some laughter, some threatening and some tears. Then came the quiet and now, I'm here writing this post so I don't forget that in spite of us having kids and wanting to be good, dedicated, doting parents, we need to just stop and focus on US sometimes, too. 


Happy Anniversary, Honey. 💏

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!