Saturday, February 18, 2017

My God, My Healer

I have a testimony to share with you guys...


I've been having problems with my hands and fingers since awhile back. Last time it was cos I was working on the laptop a lot and typing. But that was bearable. It went away after I stopped working full time.


The pain and stiffness started up again when I was pregnant with Ethan. I googled and it seemed like carpal tunnel syndrome is common during pregnancy so I didn't concern myself over it much. It tapered off after Ethan came along but would recur once in awhile.


It came back with a vengeance during our trip to Japan. My fingers were freezing at Shirakawago and Takayama but I had to hold on tightly to Caden's jacket in case he slipped. During that time, my fingers would hurt really badly from gripping so hard while being numb from the cold. I had shooting pains accompanied by stiffness.


After we came back, it didn't go away. I would experience different intensities of pain, depending on what I do with my hands and what time of day it is. I couldn't wring out a cloth or open a bottle without my fingers hurting - sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.


It got so bad that I started googling nerve damage and carpal tunnel syndrome remedies 3 nights ago. I told The Husband I still need my hands as I am barely halfway into my life! I also started applying essential oils for pain relief and bone/arthritis/nerve healing.


 Here's where it gets good. 


Last night, we attended our first cell group meeting with SIB - a church in KL. During worship, the cell host prophesied healing and deliverance over a bunch of physical ailments and spiritual issues. I was praying for someone else as he proclaimed those things.


But guess what??? After cell, when he asked who had any prayer requests, I realised that my fingers didn't hurt anymore!! The first time in a long time! As I prayed for another's healing, God was healing me! God is indeed good. He is ever faithful. And He performs instantaneous miracles like no man, doctor or oil can. My Jehovah Rapha. All praise and glory be to God.




"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, 
there's nothing my God cannot do.
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, 
there's nothing my God cannot do... for you!"


If even at 2yo toddler class, our little ones sing it in Sunday School... why is it that big ones like us so often forget the fact that there is truly nothing that God cannot do? #stillhuman #stilllearning #onemiracleatatime Thank you, Jesus, for giving me my hands back. 🤗

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!