Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"You're Fired!"

I've never been in a position where I've had to fire someone before. I've always thought it would be a little like breaking up. Haha. Or maybe like telling a junior, "Hey, I'm sorry but you've not been accepted into the Prefectorial Board." You break a little bit of heart and bruise a bit of ego but... the person generally steps away unscathed, albeit a little emotionally scarred.


But two days ago, I came to realise
that it's not exactly the same.


Donald Trump makes it seem so easy saying those two words nobody ever wants to hear but... trust me, it's not easy at all. It's not easy to do what's best for you, best for your company, or even best for your family... if it means being the bad guy to somebody else. It's just not easy being the bad guy. Period. But sometimes... a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do when enough is enough and too much is just too much. :-/


Having said that, I didn't exactly
use the words, "You're fired!" 

Too harsh; too harsh.
 
Instead, I went with, "Pack your bags."

Sounds better, right? :-/

7 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

You fired someone??? @_@

Mrs Chong said...

Who goreng who eh sotong???I thought you are not allowed to go out. At home also can fire people?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
- Urm... Kinda sorta? :-/ DON'T JUDGE ME!!!


ATTN: Ping Ping
- Ya. Anywhere also can. Haha. Whoops.

Zhen Ying said...

Wah, someone dah jadi boss. Can fire people. You goreng the sotong boleh jadi tak??? LOL...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
- Hahaha. I wish. No la. Not boss. Just... Helping boss fire. HAHA. Ok la. This type of goreng-ing the person cannot come back wan. Taken away di. @_@

ms.bulat said...

honestly can't even imagine you saying "pack your bags" to someone.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ms.bulat
– But but... why?? You make me sound like a pushover. I got mean streak wan okay! Grrrr. >(

Post a Comment

Talk to me!