Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Define "Fighting"

I had Dee upload a bunch of movies into a brand new 1T HDD for me sometime last month. Most of which were in my favourite genre – RomCom. So far, The Husband and I have only watched two movies from the lot. We really enjoyed Crazy, Stupid, Love, featuring comedy king Steve Carell (seriously; The Husband enjoyed it too *serious face*), and I've also watched Leap Year by Amy Adams (verdict: this movie so-so only) on my own one lonely afternoon when he was down in KL. That's two down, and a good number more to go.


Earlier this afternoon, this conversation took place:


The Husband: Got any good movies to watch tonight ah?

Pam Song: Got.

The Husband: What?

Pam Song: I dunno. Look through the harddisk lah!

The Husband: I want fighting wan.

Pam Song: Urm... Got Battleship?

The Husband: *looks at me like I'm a babbling moron* Battleship is fighting???

Pam Song: *defensive* What??? Fighting wat! Fight with gun!


Seriously lah. You tell me. Action movies with guns and bombs and super tankers are not considered fighting movies meh? Must be boxing like Rocky or kung fu like Wong Fei Hung meh?? Tsk. Men!

12 comments :

Unknown said...

That's consider war... lOl

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon Ong
– Hahaha. Isn't war just BIGGER fighting with more bad-ass gadgets? =p

Unknown said...

Fighting - body contact.
hehe...

Lissa said...

Boon Ong's right. :P I like war movies, but not fighting movies. HAHA.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon Ong
- I fight with words can kira fighting ah? =p


ATTN: Lissa
- Hmmm... Maybe it's cos I have this preconceived notion that war movies are like Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down. Haha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Alien invasion and all that doesn't feel war-ish to me. More like Sci-Fi. But then again, I haven't watched Battleship. The baddies are aliens or something like that, right?

Lissa said...

Coulda sworn I replied to this. x.x

Anyways. I think Battleship is both sci-fi and war-ish. But I haven't watched it either. :P

SPR and BHD are war movies... with guns and bombs and tanks and all that jazz. :D Fighting movies are mostly those with hand-to-hand combat or fighting with hand weapons? At least, is what I perceive them to be.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– You didn't! =p

Battleship is surprisingly entertaining! You should totally watch it. S and I watched it a few days ago. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Hmmm... So what is X-Men?

Lissa said...

X-Men would come under fighting, methinks.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– BUT BUT... They don't battle with their hands also! Hah! I'd classify it as Sci-Fi and not fighting in any way. :-/

Lissa said...

Hahaha...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– And this is why I'm not a movie review writer. I'll just stick to ads, thank you very much. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!