Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Calamari Batter Recipe

Ok, first up, let me start by saying that I do NOT profess that I am a good cook. I don't really use recipes, nor do I follow them to a T. For everything, I just Google, read up a little or ask around, get the general idea in my head, then I pakai hentam aje. Haha. Thankfully, the results usually turn out well and I don't have to toss my hard work into the trash and tapau. =p


Having said that, I cannot guarantee you that this recipe will be educational in any way (or will ensure a good dish, for that matter *gulp*) but I'll try because you asked, Miss Crystal Hew! Haha. Anyway, it's such a super simple batter recipe you'd think I was conning you.


*deep breath*

Ok. Here goes.


Fried Calamari, as seen on this post.


---------------------------------------
CALAMARI BATTER INGREDIENTS
---------------------------------------
  • Lots of corn starch or cornflour
  • Salt and pepper to taste

THE END!

Hahahahahahaha. Seriously!

But if you're asking e-x-a-ct-l-y how much
of what I put into my batter last night, urm...
I'll try to recall and try again. =p


-------------------------------------------------------
SPECIFIC CALAMARI BATTER INGREDIENT LIST
-------------------------------------------------------
  • 5tbsp of corn starch
  • 1tsp of sea salt (probably need a little more than that if you're using regular table salt)
  • Slightly less than 1tsp of pepper (you can put 1tsp if you like the taste of pepper but I don't so I used less)
 * Note: This was what I used for just 1-and-a-half sotong.


But ah... to be honest with you, I think (again, no guarantee ah!) what really made the batter tasty, crispy and nice was that I used really, really hot oil to fry the calamari. Make sure the oil is so, so very hot it smokes before you toss in your batter-covered sotong. Should do the trick. I hope. @_@ HAHA. Anyway... Let me know if this recipe works for you! =D

4 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Agaration is the way to go!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
- Haha. You said it sista!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your humor, We all need a laugh now and again. Will try your extreamly difficult and challenging recipe tonight! Manga! Renee

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Renee Blank
– Hi Renee! Sorry for the supremely late response but I hope your calamari went well and that it was enjoyable. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!