Monday, October 29, 2012

A Starbucks Surprise

I'm not a fan of Starbucks. I only ever visit it when Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) isn't available, or when I feel like putting my HSBC credit card 10% Starbucks discount to good use. *snorts* Other than that? Nope. Always CBTL for me.


Until last week.


Was at Gurney Plaza for some last minute necessity shopping when Mama mentioned she had a birthday voucher for 2 free drinks and 2 cakes at Starbucks. Not a fan, but... when it's free, WHY NOT, RIGHT??? Hahaha. #classicPenangitementality So off we went to Starbucks to grab a quick (and free) tea before moving on with our errands.


I ordered a Tiramisu. It looked like
my best bet out of all the cakes available.




It was disappointing. Dry and not very Tiramisu-ish. :-/
Ritz Cakes & Pastries still sells the best kind, if you ask me.


But that isn't why this CBTL fan is blogging about Starbucks. You see, I asked the barista for "an ice-blended drink with no coffee" and he suggested a coffee-free vanilla ice-blended. @_@ SAY WUD??? Isn't that a... a... a... PURE VANILLA???




And so it turns out, it totally was!


How come I never knew??? Ok, fine. In my defense, it wasn't even on the menu to begin with. (Why not??) But still! OMG, I've been missing out! (Not really, I always had CBTL's version of the same drink. =p)




I also extra love the fact that it's also generously topped with whipped cream like it is at CBTL. At least now I won't have to moan and groan whenever my friends call the shots and decide to meet at Starbucks. Haha. Pure Vanilla FTW! Woo hoo!


p/s: After thinking about it a little, I may just jump ship to Starbucks instead of CBTL after this cos I get 10% off there thanks to my HSBC credit card anyways. Why pay full price when you can pay 90%, right? Hmmm... Something to consider. Also, I have a Starbucks hot-drink tumbler, which will give me RM1 off the RSP if I decide to bring it (and The Husband) along. =p

p/s/s: I just won't order the Tiramisu ever again. Blergh.

12 comments :

Lissa said...

Actually, you can opt for anyyyyyything you want. Coffee, without coffee, decaf, extra shot, extra syrup, extra drizzle, etc. It's right up there on the menu - in fine print. XD My Caramel Latte isn't on the menu, either, but it's basically Caffe Latte with caramel syrup. Sometimes I ask for a Chocolate Chip Cream Frapp without the chips, which is just an ordinary Chocolate Cream Frapp. ;)

As for cakes, I absolutely adore the Chocolate Tuxedo. You should give it a try, then let me know how you like it. :)

Lissa said...

Oh, and CBTL has 20% discount for Citibank-ers. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Oh issit?? I never knew! I'll definitely be making more trips to Starbucks from now on. Woo hoo!

I don't have Citibank CC. :-/

kellster said...

OOOH NOW I WANT TO ORDER THAT TOO!!!! the vanilla i mean.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: kellster
- You should you should! It's quite good. I really enjoyed it. =D

Lissa said...

Then Starbucks would be a better choice. Play around with the flavours until you find the perfect blend.

Mine is Caramel Latte + extra caramel syrup... meaning 5 pumps of caramel syrup instead of the usual 3. I know. I like my coffee sweet. XD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I like the drink I just had. The Pure Vanilla. It's yums!

Zhen Ying said...

We shall venture to Starbucks for their Pure Vanilla next time. As good as CBTL's?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Yeah! Tastes same same to me! Next time we can go to Starbucks at Straits Quay to sit and chat after pizza. Haha.

Zhen Ying said...

You're on babe!!!! Can't wait... :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Oh, but if I'm still house-bound then, we'll have to tapau. HAHAHA.

Zhen Ying said...

Nevermind, tapau it will be. Will do anything just to hang out with pizza and an ice cold pure vanilla. HAHAHA

Post a Comment

Talk to me!