Friday, March 09, 2012

I'm Juicing, Juicing, Juicing, Hey!

Earlier this week, while buying apples and carrots to juice, I spotted a rack of USA oranges going for a steal. Only RM4.99 for a pack of 10!* That's almost a third of what I pay for an even smaller pack of green apples! So, I bought a pack in a hurry. #kiasu Thing is, I never actually got around to juicing or eating them until today. Woke up feeling creative today so I decided to mix it up a bit. I threw in an orange while I was cutting up the apples and carrots.


2 Granny Smith apples, 1 BIG carrot and 1 USA orange.


Juiced it all up for The Husband and I and the result?


Well, no obvious difference in taste whatsoever. -_-' BOH-RING. Maybe next time I'll use 2 oranges and 1 less apple. (Since apples cost more and oranges are cheaper? :-/) Also, apples and carrots don't splatter when I put them in the juicer but this orange?? It like, totally E-X-P-L-O-D-E-D (so not kidding about this) as soon as I dropped it into the juicer's mouth! Wth! I had orange juice in my hair and pulp all over the counter. -_-''' Gotta drop it like it's hot and slam that presser thing down at the speed of light tomorrow morning when I go at it again. Stay tuned for more updates of my juicing adventures then! =D


* Oh, in case you didn't know, I tend to pick the fruits I buy based on what's worth my dough unless they're like... apples (RM12 for a pack of 8) or carrots (about RM4 for 3). Haha. #truePenangite =p


-----------------
Related Posts
-----------------

2 comments :

infinitium said...

try juicing tembikai... then throw in a tin of lychees into the cup. yummy!

(shamelessly stolen from Delicious)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Tembikai will follow body temperature lah. Later all get heaty or too cold. Haha. But true. I shall try juicing other stuff soon!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!