Saturday, March 03, 2012

Help Needed, Granted And Appreciated

It's Friday night and I'm at home, sitting down with the lappie on my lap, with The Husband by my side and the teevee playing American Idol before me. This week, for the first time since I started juggling work, and more work, and freelance, and home, and life, I finally feel like I'm managing.


But not without help. =)


This weekend, my in-laws came to town. Best part was that they brought their maid with them! And like magic, things just got done around the house without me having to even pick up a broom or iron a shirt. Windows became clean, floors got mopped, laundry baskets stayed empty, dinner appeared, and the dishes washed themselves. OMG, life is good with a maid!! I want one of my own someday! Haha!


Truth be told, I never actually lived with a maid until I got married. I grew up in a home without hired help. And although Mee and Dee took over Ah Ma's maid for 2 years after she passed on, I was living in KL at the time so I never really got to experience life with their maid's help, save for a few spare weekends when I went home to visit.


Sure, I kept home on my own during the many years I lived in KL alone. But, seriously? Cleaning ONE room, washing ONE person's clothes and making sure ONE person is fed is t-o-t-a-l-l-y different from taking care of an entire family. I don't think it's humanly possible for one person to do everything for everybody in a 3-bedroom home if nobody else does anything for themselves. I personally don't think it's fair either.


But then again, this week was faaar from fair, too!
Yup, it was grossly unfair. In my favour! HAHA. =p
And, surprise surprise, I loved every moment of it. =)


You see, I'm the kind of girl who'd rather work more hours than clean more rooms. A shit load of work? I can manage. But more rooms to clean? OMG, just kill me now and put me out of my misery. I am so not born to play the housewife who lives to cook and clean or wash and scrub. In fact, all that housey stuff stresses me out even more than a RM2 million budget advertising pitch with a ridiculously tight deadline. -_-'''


Don't get me wrong though. I do it. I just don't love to do it. (Big diff there.) So having Mama around to lovingly take care of our meals and having her maid to clean up after us this entire week was truly a blessing I am deeply thankful for. Even if it's just for 4 short, super precious days. <3

3 comments :

Clark said...

i still wonder where do housewives get the energy to do all of the things they do. (shout out to my lovely wife). that's why i still can't compare my work to what she does at home. really amazing. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Clark
– It's crazy, right??? I do both and I sure as hell prefer to do overtime than pick up a mop. -_-''' This is why physical labour is so much tougher than mental work. I'd rather stick to my white collar job, thank you.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Pam Song
– And yes! Thumbs up to your wife!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!