Friday, November 18, 2011

The Ship, Sri Bahari Road

I first enjoyed The Ship's Tenderloin Sizzling Steak with The Husband my in-laws last Sunday. And then, because I just couldn't stop my brain and belly from thinking about it day and night, I managed to persuade my parents to go steak-ing with me again two days later –  on Tuesday. And yesterday night – on Thursday – The Husband brought me for yet another (and my final) round of steak in a long, long, loooong time. Phew! I think I'm all steak-ed out right now. Haha. But then again... yay for meat, yay for me! Finally, success to overflowing in my tummy! =D


NOTE: The pictures featured in this post were from Visit #2 – the one where I went to The Ship, Sri Bahari Road with Mee and Dee this Tuesday past. No diff to you though. I order the same thing each and every time. HAHA.


The place with "The Best Steak In Town."


If you haven't ever been to The Ship, the seating area is disguised to make it feel like you're sitting in the belly of a ship, with wooden beams to hold up the ceiling, round windows with steel reinforcement to keep the water out, and steering wheels on the backs of chairs for you to... urm... steer the boat. @_@







I knew exactly what I wanted and so did Mee and Dee so it really didn't take us long to order. We all ordered the same thing! Hahaha. Cream of Mushroom soup for starters, and Tenderloin Sizzling Steak that comes with a bowl of salad to complete the meal.


Cream of Mushroom soup.


Tenderloin Sizzling Steak with a bowl of salad.


We didn't order any drinks to go with our meal
so we had a cup of warm water each.


Warm water in The Ship cup.


Pipping hot Bread and Salted Butter on the house to keep
our mouths busy (and our tummies happy) while we wait. =)


The salad arrived soon after and we were given a choice of three dressings. Mee picked the French Salad Dressing – yuck, I picked Thousand Island, and Dee had an odd mix of both – double yuck.


Mee's salad, drenched in French Salad Dressing.


My salad, covered in two generous spoonfuls of Thousand Island.


My salad after Operation Remove Stuff I Don't Eat. =p


It looks boring and colourless in that last picture cos I tossed the pineapple, cherry tomatoes, green pepper and onions Mee's way. Haha. Even The Husband later complained, "Where got people put onions into salad wan??" Hahaha. See! It's not just me! =p


And then, the Cream of Mushroom arrived.




And it wasn't great. The mushroom soup was canned – presumably Campbell's – but that wouldn't have been a problem for me if it was a little thicker than what was served. Unfortunately, what we got was diluted canned soup. -_-''' I'm sure my made-at-home Campbell's version would have been better.


But the highlight of dinner was, of course, the steak.
And boy oh boy, did we get all dressed up for it. =p


Rolled up adult bib.


Dee wearing his adult bib.


Mee wearing her adult bib.


And before I managed to pass my camera to Mee to have my adult bib picture taken, my sizzling steak arrived. And yes, it was sizzling and bubbling away! =D





Doesn't that just look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-G-G???

*salivates*


Mee and I with our adult bibs while waiting for our steaks to stop sizzling.


Me and my steak.


I wiped that hot plate clean and enjoyed every single bite of beef. YUMS! And it tasted just as good second time around. (As it did the third time around, too. =p)


After dinner, Dee felt we needed something sweet to end the night so we shared a classic Banana Split. Three scoops, three ways, between three people. =)





It was a real good and satisfying week of steak-filled dinners. Haha. And once I've worked out all the beef in me, I'm sure I'll be back for more. Someday not too soon. =p




--------------------------------
 The Ship, Sri Bahari Road
--------------------------------
46, Sri Bahari Road,
10050 Penang.

TEL : +604 263 3551 / +604 263 9532
FAX: +604 263 0054
EMAIL: rahmat@theship.com.my
WEBSITE: http://www.theship.com.my/
RESTAURANT MANAGER: En Rahmat Ali
BUSINESS HOURS: 11.30AM to 12.00AM, Monday to Sunday

6 comments :

Lissa said...

I'm craving steak now... v.v Thanks.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Go have some! Don't deprive your carnivorous self of meat! =p

Lissa said...

Having it tonight. TGIF. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Does TGIF's steak sizzle?

Lissa said...

I don't know... I don't usually order sizzling steak. =/

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Ooo. Why? It's usually better!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!