Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finally, Some Music To My Ears

Aside from looking for a nice, presentable bedside lamp for our bedroom, I've also been keeping half an eye out for a good iPhone-friendly audio player. (You know me lah, I just can't live without my music. =p) Never actually found an affordable one that was still worthy of purchase but Dee effectively solved that problem for me when he handed me his 2-month old TANGO TRX by XtremeMac™ yesterday.


 My unopened box of TANGO TRX.


Bronze Winner of the 2010 International Design Awards.


"NEW! Play your music wirelessly with XtremeMac™’s Tango™ TRX 2.1 digital audio system. Tango TRX with dock delivers rich, full sound over Bluetooth from your iPod touch, iPhone or any other Bluetooth enabled device and includes a free app for enhanced functionality and control." [Source]


Yes, it's a full-fledged wireless audio system that's built
to work seamlessly (and wirelessly) with the iPhone! =D

*hyperventilates*


 Specifications on the box.


The TANGO™ TRX is home to two midrange drivers, two tweeters and a subwoofer for even more dynamic sound. It also comes with three play options – (1) dock (that also charges while playing – score!), (2) Bluetooth, and (3) audio line-in.


The dock that charges.


IMHO, docking is, by far, the most reliable of play sources but Bluetooth is undoubtedly the most convenient to use. Unfortunately, I find that the Bluetooth connectivity range isn't anywhere near where I'd like it to be. And it definitely does not meet the 30-foot distance claim I found online. :-/


The TANGO™ TRX sitting on our desk at the study section of our room.


On my side of the bed, it all works just fine. On The Husband's side, barely 2-feet away, the music crackles, coughs and splutters like nobody's business. And don't even talk about walking to my wardrobe – the music gets cut off altogether. -_-''' So, unless you live in a 6-foot prison cell and have your player right next to you, I doubt you'll be able to be 100% dependent on Bluetooth for your wireless music. Docking is definitely the way to go if you're not particular about having your mobile by your side 24/7. But I am. So, I suck it up and survive on Bluetooth. =p


About screen in the free iPhone app.


Because of that preference, I found that the free app was a good add-on to the system. It afforded me additional control of the TANGO™ TRX, and let me do everything I could do without moving a leg muscle. #lazybum =p  The app even includes an equaliser with five presets, namely pop, rock, rap, jazz and flat.


The equaliser in use while my iPhone was docked and playing.


Actual screenshot of the equaliser with five presets.


I especially liked that one of the app's screen actually mimics the physical remote (minus the on/off button on the top left corner), thus, making the latter pretty much redundant for me. Haha. One less remote lying around the house – yay!


Physical remote versus the iPhone app remote.


Actual screenshot of the in-app remote.


But enough blogging for now. Imma go read a good book – Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson! – while I enjoy some Ginny Owens via my new best friend and bedtime buddy, the TANGO™ TRX. =)


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!