Monday, October 31, 2011

Maybank Tak Boleh Lah

Ever since MCKL forced me to open a HSBC account 4.5 years ago – payroll purposes, in case you were wondering – I have been a HSBC Bank customer. And a happy one, too. I think they provide me with good service from competent staff, and I have been most satisfied with their Customer Care Helpline (1300 88 1388) that I call every month. (Yes, we're that tight, HSBC and I.)


HSBC on my iPhone list of favourite numbers.


The Husband, on the other hand, is an avid Maybank fan. And he's been bugging me to start employing their online services for my own financial gain ASAP so I don't lose out on what I can have but don't. Well, today, after many days, I attempted to do just that. Unfortunately, I am far from pleased with the performance and efficiency of Maybank2U.com.my, and more so with their Customer Care Helpline (1300 88 6688). Calling them was pretty much useless. This was how my conversation with a certain Firdaus went:


Firdaus from Maybank: HellomynameisFirdaushowmayIhelpyou?

Pam Song: Hi! I'm Pam and I'd like to ask you a few questions about the Maybank2U services I've been using.

Firdaus from Maybank: Ok.

Pam Song: I tried to bla bla bla but I don't see bla bla bla so does that mean that my bla bla bla transaction has been approved?

Firdaus from Maybank: Yes.

Pam Song: Then why don't I see bla bla bla?

Firdaus from Maybank: Hmmm... I'm sorry but for that, you need to check with your nearest branch. 

Pam Song: @_@ Oh. Urm... but I'm doing an e-transaction. It defeats the purpose if I still need to go to a bank, right?

Firdaus from Maybank: Yes, I'm sorry but for that, you need to check with your nearest branch. (*wth face* Broken record much? -_-''')

Pam Song: Sigh. Ok. Next question then: I was looking through my bla bla bla and I noticed that there was a bla bla bla. Why is that?

Firdaus from Maybank: Uh... I'm sorry but I cannot check that here. You need to go to your nearest branch.

Pam Song: @_@ ??!? Fine. What about bla bla bla then? Can you answer me that at least?

Firdaus from Maybank: Oh, that also you need to check with your nearest branch.

Pam Song: What??? *big fat sigh* O.K. T.h.a.n.k.s.

Firdaus from Maybank: OkthankyouforcallingMaybank!


-_____________-'''


Maybank's Customer Care Helpline is of no help at all. But to be fair, it doesn't sound as if it's cos of bad training or incompetent staff. It just seems like the Customer Care Consultants aren't given enough access to check on anything or enough power to change anything as per the customer's tele-request.


Comparatively, I've never had such problems with HSBC. Whatever I've had to do – save for closing and opening accounts – I could do over the phone with the assistance of highly trained and super pleasant Customer Care Consultants (from the Phillipines and from India, from the sound of it =p).


But blergh. What a bad first experience with Maybank.
From now on, it'll HSBC for me, thank you.

8 comments :

yapthomas said...

HSBC for the WIN!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Preach it, bruddah!

Lissa said...

Never bothered calling their helpline. HAHA. So I'm pretty happy with it so far. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– With HSBC, it's sooo convenient. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of answers.

Lissa said...

*pets* Malaysia boleh. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– The world's local bank for me. =p

yapthomas said...

But again, I have no issues with Maybank as well. :P

AMEX line is always the better ones compared to their VISA or MASTER normal lines.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– I wasn't calling regarding their credit card services, actually. More like questions regarding their other services. So... maybe that's why they had problems answering. It's not the normal reasons people call them. :-/

But if it's just to transfer money, I'm pretty happy with Maybank also. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!