Monday, October 24, 2011

Kuala Lumpur, October '11: Day 2 Of A 26-Hour Trip

Day 2 in KL was... nice.

Nothing spectacular;
nothing to shout about.

Just... nice. =)


The Husband and I woke up a little later than planned, ate a hearty Nasi Lemak brunch with his super hospitable aunt and uncle whom we were bunking with, then proceeded to house-hunt in the neighbourhood. (Yup! Fingers crossed, I'll be headed back down to KL again someday! =D) By the time we were done, it was past noon and nearly afternoon.


We then slowly jammed our way to Mid Valley Megamall (again) via the Federal Highway for a little bit of hand-in-hand walk-walk time together while I did some half-hearted shopping. (I was looking for a pair of black, easy-wear, ballerina flats to replace the rain-wrecked ones I was am still wearing.)


Barely an hour in, The Husband pancit. So off we went in search of some bubble milk tea to ease the man's pain and to recharge his batteries. Unfortunately for him, every other man in the mall had the same brilliant idea. Chatime was ridiculously packed! The line was snaking all around the booth!! Crazy. Kana giving out bubble tea for free liddat, man. -_-'''


So, we did what any impatient person would do. We decided to walk the distance to Gong Cha instead. Haha. Not a big diff though. The line was pretty long here, too. Just not quite as long. But still, I'm glad we jumped ship to this bubble tea franchise instead.


 My Earl Grey Milk Tea and The Husband's
Something-Something Milk Tea With Herbal Jelly.


After having tried both, I must say that I prefer
the taste of Gong Cha 贡茶 to Chatime. =p


Walked around the mall a little more and ended up going home with a tiny stash of The Body Shop products (massive discounts storewide!!!) and no black ballerina flats. *snorts* BUT... in my defence, I totally planned on buying the stuff I bought! You see, while staying over at The Husband's aunt's place, I ended up using The Lauder One's leftover shampoo on her shower ledge. And liked it.


The Lauder One's Rainforest Shine Shampoo
and Conditioner on her shower ledge.


So, yes, I bought exactly what I wanted to buy. I just didn't plan on getting it in KL and then lugging it all the way back home to Penang. Hahaha. Waddd?? Kiasu ma. 20% discount, you know. What if I come back to Penang and it's not on sale here?? Then ma rugi and regret like hell??? Cannottt... Buy first, think later! =p


Oh, and just so you know, the Rainforest Shine shampoo is awesome but the conditioner is shit. Just take my word for it and don't bother buying the latter lah, ok? The Lauder One's sample bottle of conditioner ran out so I didn't get to try it or else I would have known better sooner. But I used both last night when I was taking my bath and... seriously lah. The shampoo is boomz-y but the conditioner is a big time shingz in my books. Totally useless.


*blink blink*

Eh, how did I end up talking about shampoo
and my bath last night when I was initially
talking about what I did in KL lah!? -_-'''


ANYWAYS... after that, we just jammed all the way back to the house for a short nap to make the most of a lazy weekend. =) Then, before we knew it, evening was upon us, and it was time for me to go home. Without The Husband. T_T We went to the airport and tucked into some McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers while waiting for boarding.


My first taste of McDonald's in over a month! Wheee! =D


7:20PM rolled along and, once again, it was time for us to say our goodbyes. Sigh. I hate goodbyes. (And FYI, The Husband actually hates goodbyes even more than I do.) But to my surprise, for the very first time, The Husband just stood at the gate where we parted and waited for me to walk down the loooong corridor, right until I rounded the corner and walked out of his sight. He even gave me a big wave when I reached the end of that corridor. =) *heart melts*


Taken on the flight out of KL.


And with that "goodbye", ended my weekend in KL.
It was a good weekend; no, a great weekend. =)

2 comments :

infinitium said...

welcome home to buckets of rain.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Not just here. In Singapore, too! It just kept raining and raining! -_-''' What's with the weather these days, man...

Post a Comment

Talk to me!