Monday, October 24, 2011

Kuala Lumpur, October '11: Day 1 Of A 26-Hour Trip

Hello, dear interwebs! I'm back! =D


From where, you ask? Well – sinceyouaskedandallthat – I just came back from spending the better half of this weekend down in KL with my better half –  The Husband! Uh huh. That's me spending quality time, with my favourite person on Earth, in my favourite place on Earth! Wheee!


*cartwheels followed by happy sigh*


 Taken on the flight down to KL.


View of the skies from Seat 1C.


Super bokeh of my Longchamp.


What you probably didn't know about The Husband and I is that we're total opposites when it comes to where we are and where we'd like to be. I'm all the way up North in Penang, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE KL and miss it to bits. He, on the other hand, is stuck in KL but he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Penang and hates KL with a vengeance like no other. (Ahh, if only we could swap places. Haha.)


Ok, now that I've established that,
let me tell you what ter-happened.


While we were driving along the Pantai Baru Highway, on our way to SS15 to run some errands, my gaze landed on the familiar mess of highways and overheads before me – the very ones I was so accustomed to *points below* – and before I knew it or realised what was happening...


 Pantai Baru Highway on Saturday, 22 October 2011.


...a happy sigh escaped my lips. @_@


It came so naturally that I didn't even realise it had happened. But it didn't escape The Husband's ears. He immediately turned to look at me with the biggest eyes I've ever seen sitting on his face and exclaimed in shock, "OMG, YOU'RE MAD!!!" Haha. Yup! And you married me! Hahahaha. Who da mad one now??? Bwahahahaha. (Dua-dua gila. That's why we're made for each other. =p)


So, yeah. Maybe I am a little crazy that way. But I have missed the life I had in KL so terribly that it just felt really good to be back on familiar ground, driving along familiar roads. (I actually started driving in KL so the roads in Penang are still pretty foreign to me. I wouldn't be surprised if I was to get lost on the island one day. Haha. =p #lousypenangite)


Anyway, right after doing what we were at SS15 to do, we zoomed off to Subang Parade to run one last errand on behalf of The Husband's new Blackberry and to grab a bite at Dave's Deli's new outlet before heading into KL for Jayesslee Live.


Our dinner at Dave's Deli, Subang Parade.


I tucked into the 1/4 chicken you see in the foreground while The Husband ate that puny little pie in the background along with that extra plate of mash. We then shared the OJ on the left. To be honest with you, I'm surprised that Dave's Deli started a brand new outlet considering how they've always appeared so very comfortable on that balcony lot upstairs that they've been at since, like, forever. But I guess Starbucks had more money to offer so they probably got sidelined or something. =p (Their old space got taken over by Starbucks.) Anyway, service was slow-ish but the food was good.


After that, we rushed off to PWTC to watch
Jayesslee Live In KL at the Tun Hussein Onn Hall.


Our tickets – this shot was taken after the showcase.


True to form, we arrived fashionably late and the opening acts had already started. Haha. But thankfully I bumped into a couple of friends who were running the show and they guided The Husband and I to some empty VIP seats. Wheee! RM150 seats for just RM120! *happy and blessed*


We missed the first two opening acts altogether but were just in time to watch skinny Shawn beatbox and Dennis Lau (the villain chef in Nasi Lemak 2.0) woo the crowd with funky hair and a funkier electric violin. The Husband was pretty impressed with Shawn but I've heard him BB more times than I can count so... meh. (No offence, Shawn fans.)


I was sitting at the edge of my seat, waiting for the reason I paid RM240 for us to be in KL that night. To see the Korean-Australian sisters and YouTube superstars, Jayesslee, LIVE! After what felt like forever, they finally appeared on stage.


Jayesslee singing their first cover – Price Tag.


The sisters are as goofy as ever! Just like they are on their YouTube channel. Janice dropped her whole mic stand once while Sonia's mic kept giving weird feedback at all the wrong moments. Haha. Funny lah the two of them. Janice actually messed up more than a few times but she laughed it off to ease the tension. Sonia's also got a really good sense of humour and is very, very spontaneous so she helped cover up for her sister, too.


 Sonia on her guitar and Janice with her apple shaker
singing an unrecorded cover that has yet to be
uploaded to their YouTube channel.


It was a good showcase lah. I think they're even better live than they are on YouTube. The ad libs were awesome. Although – since there were two of them and it's natural to want to compare – by the end of the night, The Husband and I agreed that Sonia's the musical-er twin of the two. Having said that, Janice's harmony is just mind-blowing and she complements her sister's vocals well. I guess that's why they make such a good pair. :-/


Bottom line? I would totally go for Round 2 if the twins were to return to Malaysia next year or whenever. The Husband, on the other hand, thinks we should just make arrangements with the organiser (who is a good friend of mine) to matchmake Sonia with his younger brother. HAHA. Fat chance lah, Husband... Both sisters are TAKEN. *snorts*


Left super quickly after the show ended – like immediately after, no thanks to my hustler of a husband who's got anti-social tendencies T_T – and ended up seeing these messages on Facebook the very next day:




Boo hoo.


Anyway, we decided to pop by Mid Valley Megamall on a whim, on our way home after watching Jayesslee, to catch Real Steel. Unfortunately for us, the tickets were all sold out so we ended up just paying RM3 for nothing parking. Sigh. No blood, sweat and gore on the big screen so we went over to SS15 for some thong sui to end the night on a sweet note instead. =)


Cold Tohua Peanuts for me.


Cold Best Seller with Grass Jelly for The Husband.


And Milk Tea for us to share.


Not cheap for just 3 items but ok lah if close one eye.


My favourite dessert place in town!


After that, we went straight back home to bathe, wash up, and crash. I think it was the most happening 6 hours I've had in a long, long time. Haha. But hey, no complaints! That's KL fer ya! Wheee! More on Day 2 later. Now, I'm off to catch my Zs in my own bed in Penang, to make up for the few that I lost while catching Jayesslee Live In KL 2011. Night night! =)

3 comments :

Soh Hong Wei said...

Jayesslee singing is nice.. I been listening too. =)

Jeffro said...

hahaha let's hope for Round 2.. Btw, Clara C's in town at the end of November, will you be there?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Soh Hong Wei
– DID YOU GO???


ATTN: Jeffro
– I'm not a big fan of Ciara. Haha. Not interested.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!