Thursday, June 16, 2011

tinkitalks.com

Tell you guys a secret: I've had my own domain for many years now. Ever since April 2008 to be exact. It's tinkitalks.com – no surprise there, eh? So, yes. Now you know my secret. I know, I know, I should have put it to good use much earlier but... I had some reasons and reservations that led me to put the domain launch on hold. Personal and prideful ones, too. :-/


It all started when this girl I knew bought me that domain a whole lifetime back after having read my blog a couple of times. Her argument? "Why the heck is a blogger like you blogging on blogspot??" *blush* So... she bought me tinkitalks.com as a gift. A gift I never used cos I didn't think that Tinki Talks was dotcom-worthy back then. Plus I didn't want to use the domain in case she wasn't... you know, straight. Nanti send wrong signals then... die! @_@


When the domain expired a year later in April 2009, I thought of renewing tinkitalks.com but waited a little too long and missed the renewal time-frame altogether. Price shot up instantly after that and the own-domain idea immediately got scrapped. I was a fresh grad with a new job who was bringing home very little pay. Pay good money for a domain when I've got blogspot serving me for free? Sorry, no can do. =(


But then surprise surprise, YapThomas – a dotcom blogger himself – did the unexpected. He re-purchased tinkitalks.com for me a year later in June 2010! This time, I was pretty determined to make it work. But procrastination got the best of me and an official launch never happened although CincauHangus – yet another dotcom blogger – had already helped me set it up and get things going.


*guilty face*


Well, another year has gone by in the blink of an eye
and at the beginning of this month, I got this notice:




So... I went for it. =) I bought it. =D


And this time – for the first time since tinkitalks.com landed in my lap 3 years ago – it was my decision. It wasn't a gift, and neither was it a surprise. Finally, tinkitalks.com was a purchase made for me from me! I was ecstatic! And excited! I even had it all worked out. I had a plan. I knew hosting the site myself was never going to happen. Procrastination would always win. So this time, I decided to continue publishing on blogspot while pointing tinkitalks.com to my blog. Fast! Easy! And totally workable!



Sigh.

*crushed dreams*

*ruined plans*

*total devastation*

T_T

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!