Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pre-Wedding Frustrations

My wedding day hopes and dreams and plans are disintegrating before my eyes. One by one, things are getting scrapped, changed or swapped for things I never wanted or planned for. Like the wedding cake, for instance. Oh yes, we won't have one. Surprise!!! And a special song? Nope, not doing that either. Surprise again!! And since we're at it, a personalised surprise? Oh that, too, is too much to ask for. Tadaaa!!! Yup, one by one, all dreams, all gone. T_T


You know, I really should have known that dreams never do come true. And a dream wedding? Apparently those don't exist in my fairytale. If you can even call what I'm going through a fairytale in the first place. Most days, it really feels like I'm running this freak show alone. Cos, hey! Other people have a million and one other things to do at work and apparently, I don't. I'm the one sitting at home shaking my legs with nothing better to do than to chase MIA vendors and send nasty emails to lazy coordinators threatening them to get!to!work!or!else!


Sigh.


To be honest with you, I really can't wait for this to be over. I really can't. Cos this? This isn't fun. This isn't exciting. And this sure as hell isn't an experience of a lifetime. No, this? This is work. This is hard, unforgiving work with no receipt of gratitude or thanks in return. Why? Cos everybody just assumes that brides loooove planning their own weddings!


That's right. Apparently, we loooove working on wedding budgets. We loooove licking stamps, sending out hundreds of letters and getting a million paper cuts in the process. We love sharing the successes and getting blamed for every wrong that comes along. We loooove playing the middle man and getting parents, in-laws and fiancé's to agree on everything. Like flowers, and colours, and seating arrangements, and programmes. LOVE. IT. TO. DEATH. RIGHT??? >(


*grunt*

Whoever said wedding planning
is fun obviously doesn't know shit
about planning a wedding.

5 comments :

Melsong said...

Phew! That was a long rant. Hang on 'bee. Remember He makes ALL things beautiful in it's time.

*Hugs and kisses*

Felicia Boo said...

Hey Pammie...tell me about it la hahaha...Anyway I think those who said wedding planning is fun are those who plan weddings for other ppl la, not theirs. True?

So as much as they have deadlines and millions of requirements, they will not be as stressed as the bride. The day will be gone before you know it. Hang on ya!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Ya. Midnight ranting is the in thing these days.


ATTN: Felicia Boo
– Terrible kan??? Stupid ppl who talk nonsense, make it all sound so easy, and spoil market for everybody else. >(

And you know what? You're right. It's so much more fun planning someone else's wedding. Cos it's not YOUR dreams crashing in the event of a change. It's just a task. They're all just tasks. Convertible and exchangeable at no emotional cost to the planner.

Dammit, I should be a wedding planner.

Jin said...

you can say that again. grrr

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jin
– So frustrating! RAWR!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!