I remember reading this in an ex-colleague's FB Note sometime back but somehow, I didn't think of blogging it then. Even read it to Mee before I swiftly moved on with my life and forgot about it. Haha. But today, I saw it again on alwayscuilin's blog and it stole a second truckload of nods and giggles from me so I figured, something this good is totally meant to be kept. =D
p/s: I'm no Graphic Designer by profession but I've bolded whatever the artsy side of me agrees with. =p
1. They are very weird people. (Not bolded. Denial kau kau.)
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.
4. They will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA.
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
6. They hate each other. (No la... where got... *shifty eyes*)
7. They’ll be the last one out of the movies because they have to see the full list of credits.
8. They can't change a light bulb without making a sketch.
9. They f*** up all the tables with their cutters.
10. They would rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy. (NYEH HEH HEH.)
13. They make collages with your photos.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
15. They idolize people nobody knows and speak of them as if they were their colleagues.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
18. Everything is left-justified, right or center unless they arrive late.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica.
20. They use the iPhone for everything, because everyone has one. (So not true. Who cares if other people have one??)
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.
22. They steal street signs. (@_@ OMG, TIM TAMS THIS IS YOU!!!)
23. Their hands are always drawn or painted with something.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as...
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed the OSX spinning wheel. (Not affectionately.)
27. They do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.
30. They want to save the world with only a poster.
31. They will spend the day brainstorming.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you did not know existed and have no beach.
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra.
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design. (Haha, this is so me! =p)
36. They listen to music you have never heard of.
37. They can't cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients.
38. They read rare books: Stories of children, Semiotics...
39. When they are going to tell you something, everyone else has read it in their Facebook and Twitter.
40. They owned iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.
42. They have their own shops just for them, and they are the most expensive in the city.
43. They want to spend all their money in the Apple Store.
44. You will never understand their gifts.
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You'll wake up in the middle of the night and hear them them screaming, “When is the deadline?!?” (No la, I only get up in the middle of the night to jot down ideas.)
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs.
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.