Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pampered All Weekend

On top of minor moving my stuff over to the new house last weekend, I also miraculously managed to throw in a healthy dose of pampering. Like SUPER healthy dose. I dunno, maybe it's all that excitement about my upcoming S Spa appointment or something. Haha. But I somehow ended up going for TWO hair appointments and a facial, two days back to back. @_@


You see, I've been meaning to get a haircut for the longest time now but have been putting it off till a time when I get to sneak in a leisurely KL trip. (I've not cut my hair in Penang for many, many, MANY years.) But that doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon considering how rushed my trips down to KL are and will be over the next few months. :-/


So, in the mean time, I've asked around and gotten a recommendation for this dude on the island who's supposedly "the best". Or so they say lah. *skeptical* Was thinking of going on Saturday to try him out but since all Mee wanted was a steam at her regular salon, I ended up ditching my haircut plan and going with her instead.


Me after my steam and waiting for Mee to finish hers.


That was Saturday afternoon.


Then that night, The FiancĂ©'s mom suddenly mentioned that she wanted to cut her hair so... we decided to go to "the best in Penang" together the day after – Sunday! Hahaha. I called Danny up – that's the name of "the best", by the way – and got us two haircut appointment slots at his salon. Thing was, weeks ago I'd already booked myself a facial that Sunday so I went for that by myself in the afternoon first.


Me with flat post-facial hair and post-facial face.
No concealer, no make-up, no nothing – yuck.


After which, The Fiancé's mom picked me up and off we went for our haircut. To be honest, I wasn't very sold on my first impression of the dude lah. But in hindsight, I guess he's okay. Pretty good by Penang standards, I suppose. But I still think my two regular stylist in KL are better. *biased* I really liked the wash though. My hair smelt like flowers after. =p


Wet hair post-cut and still no make-up.


So, yeah. That was my weekend. Happening hor? HAHA. 2 hair appointments and 1 facial. Ahh, if only I could be pampered like this every weekend. Wah, I'd feel like a queen and look like a million bucks by the wedding, man! HAHA. Pfft. If only lah... But a girl can dream, can't she? =p

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!