Friday, March 25, 2011

The Firefox 4.0 Experience

Remember how I blogged about downloading Firefox Version 4.0? Well, I've been using it since yesterday and it's rocking my socks off one orby App Tab at a time! Syok gilerrr!! Dun get? Nevermind. I explain soon.




After downloading Firefox 4.0...




...and updating my MBP with this latest version...




I immediately started customising my browser.


Just cos I'm big on personalised interfaces. And this version of Firefox is DA BOMB when it comes to customisation. Plus, I like how customisation allows me to enhance my browsing experience the way I like it, while helping me do things my way (Frankie, you my bestest best friend) with the least amount of trouble possible. Well, look at my Firefox browser now!!!




So clean, right?? I love it max!!!

No fuss, no clutter, no unnecessary buttons or words
to mess up my most-frequently-used application. <3


But to-die-for good looks aside, I think my ultimate favourite part of Firefox 4.0 is its ability to convert an open tab into a permanent App Tab. Like so:




They're basically neat, little tabs that never go away. Good for pages you like to always keep open for quick and easy reference, but hate the way they always seem to clutter up your browser with a million and one open tabs.


But wait wait! There's more magic in there!

Tadaaaaa!!!




Isn't that crazy cool??? I love it! It's such a neat, convenient and unobtrusive way to let users like myself know that we've got new mail, updates or alerts from the sites we've got open. Without having to download any add-ons or notifiers! (Not a big fan of notifiers, and adding add-ons are just too much work.)


All these things considered,
Firefox 4.0 gets a big, fat "LIKE" from me! =D


*end gush*


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Now, to see if the iPhone app is just as likeable.





Let you know when I know.


-----------------
Related Posts
-----------------

6 comments :

Raghuram said...

Looks cool.... I'm just not over chrome yet, will give it a shot when I get back to Penang :)

ChickLit said...

AFAIK, the app is not the same thing; it's not even a browser.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Raghu
- Yes yes! Go try. I'm all done with Chrome now. =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ChickLit
- Yeah I know. But at least I get to sync my desktop stuff to my iPhone. Like open tabs and bookmarks. Haven't synced yet though. No time no explore as yet. Bleh.

Simon Seow said...

I upgraded to to Firefox 4 two days ago. Thanks for the tip about App Tab if not I would have thought the only improvement is the speed and more viewing space lol.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Hahaha. So cool hor? I love it lah. I think they did good with this update.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!