Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"Like" Button – Problem Solved!

What was:

As published at 6:39PM on 2 November 2010.


What is:

As captured at 11:42PM on 3 November 2010.


Needless to say I am very pleased with the results and am beside myself with joy. Many thanks go out to my uber-fantastic, ultra-awesome cousin in the UK. =)


---------------
Related Post
---------------


UPDATE AT 12:03AM ON 4 NOVEMBER 2010: Unfortunately, my happiness was short-lived. I've discovered that the codes somehow only work with Firefox and go wonky on all other browsers – Google Chrome, Opera, IE and even Safari. -_- So, I've gone back to the old codes for the time being. Bah. Having said that, I'm now still looking for a solution to my problem. If any of you code masters and/or super programmers out there have any advice/solutions to offer, do leave me a comment or email tinkitalks@gmail.com Thanks!

    15 comments :

    Terence Song said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Terence Song said...

    Ha! It's not just Chrome. IE8 is doing the same thing.

    Terence Song said...

    It's looking fine in Firefox, but not Chrome or IE8, where the like button appears under the share buttons, but both still on the same line. Am I making any sense?

    Pam Song said...

    ATTN: Terence Song
    – So how ah? I know what you mean. I left you a screenshot. Haha. Anyway, I can't figure it out. Cos the codes are starting to swim before my eyes. -_-''' Any suggestions?

    Terence Song said...

    So it's looking OK on Safari?

    Pam Song said...

    ATTN: Terence Song
    - Nope. =(

    Terence Song said...

    Oops... posted the fix to the previous post.

    Terence Song said...

    Ok. I think I fixed it.

    Put the span with class="post-icons" that contains the like button in its own div with class="post-share-buttons", rather than sharing the div with the share buttons.

    The "class" attribute in an element refers to a CSS style. I see that your page header references a couple of .css files related to your like button. Try looking in those files to change the font.

    Pam Song said...

    ATTN: Terence Song
    – Haha. Yeah, I noticed that and answered you there! Hahaha.

    Anyway, it doesn't work wor. When I do what you suggest here, it goes back to the previous one where there are three lines (as per what you see now – I changed it back).

    BUT... at least that one looks the same on ALL browsers – Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera. (I dun have IE so cannot check on that one.) Will probably leave it this way till I figure out a way to get it to look the way I want it to (as seen on this post) on all browsers. Bleh. So potong stim. Haha.

    Terence Song said...

    Huh? Cannot be woh... With the changes I suggested, it displays properly on Chrome, Firefox, and IE8.

    Terence Song said...

    The span with class="post-icons" that contains the like button should be in its own div with class="post-share-buttons" after the div (with class="post-share-buttons") containing the share buttons.

    Or you can temporarily give me write access to your blog and I make the changes for you.

    Pam Song said...

    ATTN: Terence Song
    – Issit?? Can email me the code to cut and paste? tinkitalks@gmail.com

    Terence Song said...

    Done.

    Terence Song said...

    Haha... if you find a bug in your code... it's like an itch you have to scratch. :)

    Pam Song said...

    ATTN: Terence Song
    – Haha. Ya man. Totally so!

    Post a Comment

    Talk to me!