Friday, October 01, 2010

A Very Chinese Wedding

Last weekend, the girls on my mother's side went for an old neighbour's son's wedding. Me included. In fact, the lady who invited us also happened to be my lower primary school tuition teacher so I probably spent more time with her than my mom or my aunt ever did! Haha. Ok, let me explain.


She was first, my grandparents' neighbour. But since she and her hubs lived on the same street as my gramps did but in opposite houses, my mom and aunt knew her, too. And since it was my maternal grandfather who played nanny to me when I was growing up, I was always in the neighbourhood.


When I started primary school, my parents sent me to her for tuition. Little did they know, I got little school work done. Haha. Instead, I learned about other equally as important things. (IMHO.) Like sewing, quilting and and cooking. =p


I also learned to use traditional food preparation tools like the mortar and pestle, and that other tool where you make chilli paste on a flat rock with a rolling-pin-ish stone. (Cannot remember the name liao.) So I personally wouldn't say that my mornings there were a waste of my time and my parents' money. Haha. (Can't speak for my parents though. =p)


I doubt it was any more than 3 years all in. But the time I spent with her and her family was enough for me to have good memories of sewing, quilting, and eating her family's steamed chick peas and fruits. =)


Anyway, enough with the grandmother stories.
Here are some pictures of the us at the wedding.


 FairyGodma, Pinky, Yours Truly and Mee.


Firstly, there was a mirror cos we were in the toilet.
(Girls do that. It's important to us. Deal with it.)


 Pinky, Yours Turly, Mee and FairyGodma.


Secondly, the theme of the wedding
was "traditional costumes";
hence, the cheongsam outfits.


FairyGodma, Pinky, Yours Truly and Mee.


Thirdly, traditional costumes
always look better in black and white pictures.


We look so dressed up in those pictures, don't we? Well, I'll have you know that dinner was insufficient so we ended up adjourning to Subaidah for roti canai after the wedding. Still in our cheongsams, dinner make-up and stilettos. HARHAR. Needless to say, we got our fair share of weird looks that night. =p

7 comments :

陳一豪 said...

Is that a belly I see?

Felicia Boo said...

Hahaha I thought I saw wrongly, but like kinda saw a bit belly... Hehehe I know what that means!

Anyway, what I wanted to say what, ur aunt and mom look VERY the alike...twins ar?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Hahaha. Mayyybeee...


ATTN: feliciaboo
– Lau liao lah. And no, they're not twins. Haha. But ppl tend to think they are.

Lissa said...

Gorgeous, as always. :P Did you try it in sepia? It looks lovely, too. ^.^

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Oddly, I'm not a big fan of sepia tones. Haha. Sometimes ok lah. But I tend to prefer monochrome. Haha.

Lissa said...

I don't use sepia a lot, only for reminiscing purposes. B&W is my favourite setting for poignant scenery. Like the cemetery. Or Auschwitz. ^.^

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. How morbid of you! Haha. But yeah. Black and white is awesome.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!