Saturday, October 30, 2010

Phases

I've recently come to notice that I'm at a phase in my life where my friends and I are all either (1) looking for The One, (2) already in a serious long term relationship with who we hope is The One, (3) getting ready to marry our respective The Ones, or (4) have recently married the The Ones we once dated.


Naturally, this stage I'm in came after the we're-all-grown-up-enough-to-start-dating-but-gosh-who-do-we-pick?! phase. And that also very naturally came after the we're-all-single-cos-we're-too-young-to-date-but-boys-are-the-new-in-thing phase. And how could I forget that before that was the we're-single-and-proud-of-it-cos-we're-best-friends-forever-and-we-all-hate-boys-cos-they-stink phase.


Haha.

Let me break it down for you.

-----------
PHASE 1
-----------

Also known as the We're-single-and-proud-of-it-cos-we're-best-friends-forever-and-we-all-hate-boys-cos-they-stink Phase.

AGE: Approximately 1-12 years.
ENEMY(IES): The opposite sex.


-----------
PHASE 2
-----------

Also known as the We're-all-single-cos-we're-too-young-to-date-but-boys-are-the-new-in-thing Phase

AGE: Approximately 12-15 years.
ENEMY(IES): Downfall years – braces, bad haircuts and teen skin (read: acne and pimples).


-----------
PHASE 3
-----------

Also known as the We're-all-grown-up-enough-to-start-dating-but-gosh-who-do-we-pick?! Phase

AGE: Approximately 16-20 years.
ENEMY(IES): The same sex.


-----------
PHASE 4
-----------

Also known as the We're-all-looking-for-The-One / We're-already-in-a-serious-long-term-relationship-with-who-we-hope-is-The-One / We're-getting-ready-to-marry-our-respective-The-Ones / We-have-recently-married-the-The-Ones-we-once-dated Phase.

AGE: Approximately 21 years onwards.
ENEMY(IES): Time and advancing age.

Sitting comfortably in Phase 4 myself, I thought that after 26 years, I've finally reached the very last Phase and totally deserved a pat on the back for surviving the previous phases. But tonight, my eyes were opened and I realised I was wrong to think that. Because... there's a Phase 5 lying in wait!

-----------
PHASE 5
-----------

Also known as the We're-married-now-what-oh-yes-let's-have-kids Phase.

AGE: Approximately 26 years onwards.
ENEMY(IES): Morning sickness, stretch marks, crying babies, sleepless nights and messed up timetables.


You see, I attended a pretty little 1-year-old's birthday party last night and... O.M.G. there were so many babies/kids present!! I don't think I've ever been surrounded so many babies/kids. At least not since I stopped serving at CHC's Children's Church. Phew! -_-'''


 The birthday girl – one of the many, many, many kids there!


And then, it dawned upon me: It's cos most of the parents there were around the same age as the baby girl's parents! All same generation ma. So all in the same phase lor! Phase 5 – The We're-married-now-what-oh-yes-let's-have-kids Phase, a.k.a the TIME. TO. MAKE. BABY. CHOP. CHOP. COS. EVERY. BODY. GOT. BABY! Phase. Haha. No pressure. But seriously lor. If you sat there last night without a kid like my parents and I did, so kekok man. No baby really consider not "in". -_-'''


Birthday Girl and I with her Mama, Shireen.


You know, time really flies. Feels like just yesterday I blogged about her wedding. And now... I'm carrying the product of their love! Awww...


Anyway, I actually went for the party


Wind-blown and tired but very pleased with dessert.


But I think I left feeling recharged
from all that baby time I clocked in. Haha.


A feeling-better me with my birthday cupcake.


A baby a day keeps the doctor away. =p

17 comments :

Moonfish said...

Well written! You deserve a standing ovation :)

yapthomas said...

Hi! Apa khabar!?!

I think I'm in Phase 6, which is "What phase should I be in?"

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Moonfish
– HAHAHA. Thank you! Thank you! You may be seated. *grin*


ATTN: yapthomas
– Hahaha. You salah liao. Phase 6 is the MY-kid-is-already-in-primary-school-YOURS-still-cannot-walk-yet-so-MY-kid-is-better Phase. =p

Your definition of Phase 6 is sesat setengah jalan mia. HAHA. Eh... I thought you now in Phase 5 liao ma. =p *cough cough*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Eh eh sorry. I let you jump a phase. I meant Phase 4. HAHAHA.

Lissa said...

So true. Haha... *thumbs up*

yapthomas said...

Hahhaha! Still too early in Phase 4. Setengah kaki masuk aje...

Bila lah kita mau baby crab? :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. I should really find out if there's a way to include a Like button. =p


ATTN: yapthomas
– HAHA. Wei wei wei. Mana komitmen??? Mana boleh setengah kaki? Mesti lompat! Tak LOMPAT tak boleh JATUH cinta! =p

Ooo... bila? Saya pun tak tau lah. Haih. S'karang badan tak sihat tak boleh jalan jalan. T_T

yapthomas said...

Hahaha! OMG! I think sick people a bit the lame sometimes! :P

Tengah lompat lah nih...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Hahaha. Idiot. You lompat means mesti tak pegang railing liao lah. Eh... intro intro sikit!

Lissa said...

Ya! You should!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– But but... HOWWW??? -_-'''

Lissa said...

I found it! Go to Blogger Edit Layout, click to edit Blog Posts, and there should be a 'Reactions' checkbox. You can change the reactions to 'Like' and 'Dislike' instead of the standard one they have. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Yay! But but... I did all that and it doesn't show! -_-'''

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I did it, changed the codes about a hundred times but couldn't find a way to tweak the font to match the rest of my layout. So... I ditched the idea. Too ugly lah. -_-'''

yapthomas said...

You Gtalk me bila u senang nak kaypoh... :D

Lissa said...

Awww... :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– You tak ada kat Gtalk pun. Cakap aje. Cheh.


ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. Dun worry, I'm finding other options. And I'm still messing with codes. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!