Friday, October 22, 2010

Bridezilla Tendencies?

"It's not really apple green. It's more like olive.
But a happier shade of olive."

– Pam Song, 22 October 2010


------------


After talking to a very nice, very patient (and very expensive) potential florist last weekend, I've come to realise that I'm a pretty particular bride-to-be. Not because I find pleasure in making other peoples' jobs difficult. (Of course not!) But because I know exactly what I want and how I want it.


Don't get me wrong though. I'm open to suggestions. Most definitely so. But... in most cases and on most things, by the time it reaches the execution stage, I'm already pretty decided on what I want. I've done my research and I've painted a picture of the Big Day in my head. How it's going to be like, look like and feel like. And I guess that's where the problem lies.


Because of that mental image I've constructed, my search for a vendor becomes really specific. I'm no longer looking for a creative designer or a person to help offer me ideas. Instead, what I need is a skilled executor. A vendor who just gets what I want and doesn't mind following orders to the T.


Take my appointment with the florist
last weekend for instance.


I'm set on having contemporary flowers in a contemporary setting. Nothing ordinary or boring. Big blooms. Rich colours. Purple but no lilac. Green? Definitely. But only the palest of greens for the blooms, please. And the deepest of greens for the leaves. Flowers? Oh, they don't all have to be flowers. Wanna throw in a cabbage? Sure. Why not? As long as it looks good in the bunch, I'm cool with it. And other such yada yada yada.


As you can see, I'm pretty okay with the team improvising on my please-go-contemporary brief as long as they can be certain that whatever they put together will look good. But... I also know that if it doesn't come out – at. the. very. least. – the way I see it in my head (if not better), I'm gonna be sorely disappointed. Bleh.


How ah, liddat?
I also dunno how. Haha.


Just gotta find vendors... (1) with lots of previous work to show me – so I can point out what I like and what I don't; and (2) who are also on the same wavelength as I am – so I don't have to point out sooo many things and they can just get me and where I'm coming from.


Or maybe I just need to pray hard
for such vendors to exist. Hahaha.


You know, maybe it's a blessing that we didn't get a Wedding Planner after all. Looking at the way things are going now, I don't think any planner would have been of much use to me anyways. In fact, he or she would probably just kill my mojo. Haha. You know lah, some wedding planners. Very opinionated wan. =p

8 comments :

zecount said...

u need another Pam Song ... but I dun think that's gonna happen ... EVER

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
- You know what? I think you're right! I do! And you know what's the other thing? Shit liao la. Hahahaha.

Lissa said...

Oh, I know what you mean. I'm very nit-picky about my details as well. Good luck, though! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Yesss... need all the good I can get! Hahaha. The florist says there are many brides like me though. Maybe she was just being nice. HAHA.

Lissa said...

Nah, I'm sure there are many brides who want their wedding to be perfect. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– True dat. Too bad perfection comes with a high cost, too. =p

Lissa said...

No pain, no gain. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Tell that to my florist. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!