Friday, September 10, 2010

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Been bathing without a scrub since I returned to the motherland. (Yes, I used one in KL; and yes, I used one in Australia.) And if you're a scrub user, you'll know how baths without scrubs are – your brain tells you that you're all cleaned up, but you don't actually feel very clean.


So yesterday, I finally remembered to go looking for one. Saw a really jeng jeng green one at SaSa for under RM5 but decided not to get it cos it wouldn't match my toilet. (Don't laugh. I'm a girl. Matching matters.) Well, the only other place in the mall where I knew would sell scrubs was The Body Shop. So, to the Body Shop I went.

Their scrubs were nice, full and fluffy. Much fluffier than the one I saw at SaSa. But they sure as hell make you pay for that extra fluff. RM15.90 for a scrub?? So freaking expensive?? You gotta be kidding me! But then... (Yes, there's a "but then" in this story.)


I remembered that The Body Shop
sent me a text just a few days earlier. 


 

Yayyy!!! I don't know why I've got money with them but I don't really care. Haha. All I know is that now, that RM15.90 sponge is technically free!!! Yay again! But I'd have RM2.70 leftover from the RM18.60 so I asked Mee if she wanted anything else. She did. So we went over to the counter with our purchases and...


Drats!

They said that hers was already on discount
so the voucher cannot be used on her buys. -_-

Wth.


So I walked around the shop some more (it's a relatively small shop), looking for things I could get (with relatively few things) at the least extra cost. -_- With only RM2.70 available for me to spend, anything extra would have to come out of my pocket. And come on lah. This is The Body Shop we're talking about. What costs RM2.70 there? NOTHING. Sigh. What a pickle to be in.


And then... BRAINCHILD! I decided to check out their other more expensive sponges. And lo and behold, there was one that cost RM19.90! It's a ridiculous amount to pay for a bath sponge but... hey, I've got RM18.60 to burn so that makes it alright in my books. Haha. So I ditched the RM15.90 scrub and went with the RM19.90 sponge instead.


I left the shop decidedly happier than ever
cos I think I made the kiasu-est decision
I could have ever made. =p

Let me explain.


SCENARIO 1: PURCHASING THE RM15.90 SCRUB

If I'd have gotten this scrub, I'd have had to either cough up A LOT more money in order to use the leftover RM2.70 I had in my account at The Body Shop, or... I'd just have to forefeit the RM2.70 altogether and walk away with just my sponge. That means an uncapped maximum loss with a minimum loss of RM2.70.


SCENARIO 2: PURCHASING THE RM19.90 SPONGE

Buying this scrub meant coughing up (read: losing) an extra RM1.30. The end. 


CONCLUSION

That means that the maximum loss that would have been incurred by picking my RM19.90 sponge would already be less than the minimum loss that would have come from the purchase of the RM15.90 scrub. In fact, I even saved RM1.40 in losses (RM2.70 minus RM1.30) when I purchased the more expensive scrub.


*beams*

Hah! You didn't con me, The Body Shop!
This proves that I made the right decision.
So yes, I'm very proud of myself. =p

*pats self on back* *twice*

Now, excuse me while I go enjoy my bath. =)


My RM19.90 Sweet Lemon Skin Sponge from The Body Shop.

8 comments :

Lissa said...

Scrubs, ftw!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I LOVE SCRUBS, TOO!!! =p

Jeffro said...

The way I look at it, you didn't lose when you paid the extra RM1.30... Having to put off RM2.70 and then head home grumbling on how you can't find anything to match up to it, now that's LOSING =P

nevertheless, KIASU ftw!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. The two of us are so Cina until cannot more Cina already. =p

Jeffro said...

Hahaha, okay time to change, CINA ftw~! well we gotta stay true to our nature =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– CINA FTW, TOO! Hahahaha.

Jeffro said...

Wootza! Sometimes it pays to be a CINA =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Actually hor... It doesn't. Cos that sponge not very nice to use. -_-'''

Post a Comment

Talk to me!