Thursday, September 09, 2010

3GS With 3G Service On A 3GB Plan!

Finally paid the Maxis HQ a visit yesterday to work out my data problems with their technicians. (Haven't been able to browse without WiFi since I returned from Australia. Sufferrrrr... -_-) Well, I'm pleased to say that everything's sorted out now and that they're finally giving my 3GS 3G service. =D




But to be fair to all the other Malaysian networks, they did blame my set for the connectivity problems at first. When I first came back and called to report the problem, they told me to wipe out my iPhone and return it to factory setting. (Which I did, just to try and see if it would work. It didn't. -_-)


And then when I was there yesterday, the technician blamed it on the fact that mine was an Australian set. -_- (It's from Australia but it's unlocked.) Anyway, after tinkering with my phone, she turned to me and said, "I'm sorry but I don't have a solution for you. You cannot use data." Wth.


But I wasn't ready to give up. So, I started to ask her to start swapping SIM cards and phones around. Haha. Just cos I'm stubborn and pushy that way when it comes to things I should have, but can't have. =p But still tak jadi. Still no 3G signal at the time. T_T


But, thank goodness, after flushing the system and resetting my Maxis account, it worked! Phew! Even the girl didn't know exactly what she did to make it work. Haha. But I'm not complaining. At least it's working and I'm connected. So...


hello Gmail, hello eBuddy Pro,
and hello, Facebook! =)

7 comments :

SY said...

Nice one! Now where's my damn iPhone 4 -_-

Jeffro said...

NOOB! Oh not you Pam, I'm referring to their technicians... All of them supposedly to have undergone training, if they were to be service support personnel... *shrugs* I guess it's all just gold-plated talk. Oh well, thank goodness it's now working alright for you =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: SY
– You booked the iPhone 4? Can book meh?


ATTN: Jeffro
– Ya lah! They all terrible lah. No solution wan always. Fail!

Jeffro said...

Hahaha, Major F printed on their foreheads... They really need to "upgrade" their people and "update" their brains!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– You know, having said that, I was pretty surprised that they knew how to operate most smart phones. I mean, they can't trouble shoot very well lah. But they're not entirely blur.

Jeffro said...

That's because they've been given training and they are certainly required to know the features about the phones. On the other hand, troubleshooting... well they need more practice I guess (they weren't given troublesome phones to begin with)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– HAHA. True lah, true. But I must commend them on this lah. Cos I was definitely impressed. Unless... gosh, I had so low expectations of Malaysian service. @_@

Post a Comment

Talk to me!