Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Recycle, Recycle, Recycle

Got any old magazines lying around that you no longer read but aren't as eager as you should be to dump into the trash can? Well, why not give them a second lease on life and convert them into a funky bookshelf like Sean Miller did?






"First Sean coated the magazines with a a water/starch mixture and then he placed them under pressure for about a week to harden. Next he took a band saw to the consolidated stack and carved out space for a shelf. Holes were also cut into the bookshelf’s sides, allowing it to slide onto three rods to be hung. About 80 mags were used." [Source]




I pity the NatGeo mags used in this bookshelf but... it's so freaking cool that in spite of that, I actually wish I had one myself. Haha. Eh... Wait a minute... *light bulb moment* Maybe I can! I just need to find a way to get may hands on some of Dee's NatGeos. He's been collecting them since the early 1980s so there are so many of them that (I hope) he won't notice a few missing yellow spines. =p

11 comments :

Lissa said...

*le gasp* Nuuuuu!!! Those NatGeo mags are collector's items... If you wanna use magazines, get the ditzy ones. :|

Jeffro said...

Hmmm not necessary those right? If you wan funky, get 'em colorful ones =D then you'll definitely have a FUNKY one!

Lissa said...

Ya! What Jeffro said. *nods nods*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. I wouldn't ever. But then again, I wouldn't have been able to anyways. Haha. My dad's been keeping both eyes on his NatGeos ever since I published this post. =p


ATTN: Jeffro
– But this is soooo much more cool-classic-brainiac than fashion mags!

Jeffro said...

@Lissa: It'd be darn cool eh? =D

@Pam: hahaha, it's cool, but not funky enough =P Being cool isn't enough Pam, time changes you'll soon know that it's gotta be cool AND funky! xD

Lissa said...

Jeffro: Totally. ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– No lah. Bo kau cool lah. =p It's gotta be cool-classic. Funky gets old fashioned real quickly. And if I were to put so much time and effort into making a shelve like this, I'd want it to last FOREVERRR...


ATTN: Lissa
– Too much la you.

Jeffro said...

@Pam: Really? As far as I know, old fashion are the ones to shine all over again, from time to time, where else classic... they stay classic, nothing much, nothing special =P old fashion? Now that'll will last forever *grins*

@Lissa: Cool! *high 5*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. My friend, you have questionable taste. =p

Jeffro said...

It's questionable because it is unique =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. Bodek diri. Amazing, man. Hahaha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!