Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Race With Fins

My family and I have always been White Pomfret people. That's what we usually buy, eat and order. But since I've been away, my parents have grown their menu to include other fishes, too. Like this headless mongrel of a fish I don't recognise.




Yep, that's what we had for lunch today. And since I'm super anti-experimentation when it comes to my meals, I immediately went wary-consumer on it and gave it my bestest, best-of-the-best, best evil eye.


At first look, I noticed that it was incredibly scaly, it had lots of bones, and it had waaaay too much skin. And when I placed it on my rice, some kind of brown powder got left behind. Hmmm. Dodgy. Very dodgy.


BUT... never judge a book by its cover or a fish by its headless body. Cos it was surprisingly tasty! In fact, it tasted just like those ikan potong you get at Malay stores and even at Kanna Curry House!


So, me, being the Manglish user extraordinaire I am, I cut-short my sentence in my head, then turned to Dee and asked excitedly, "Eh, this is Malay fish ah?" Without skipping a beat and with a straight face that could fool any conman, my dad answered, "Fish no race wan."


-_-'''

Like, wth.

6 comments :

Jeffro said...

HAHAHA, I had a good laugh at the end there.. Your dad sure has a sense of humor too =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Sometimes talk to him very stress wan. Hahahaha.

Lissa said...

LOLOLOL. Farnee. :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Not so funny if you were me! Hahaha.

Jeffro said...

Hahaha, this kinda stress is a whole new level! =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Amazing how I ended up growing up normal-ish huh? Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!