Friday, September 03, 2010

Que Sera, Sera

A hundred trillion things may require (or even demand) your attention every single day. Some, more important than others; some, less. Some, out of your sphere of control; some, not. But even through this madness and chaos, there has to come a time in that trippy tornado of to-dos when you decide that it's time to stop stressing, stop over-thinking, stop over-analysing and sometimes, even stop over-caring altogether.


Don't get me wrong, though. It's not like you're taking the easy way out and choosing to be lazy, unconcerned or indifferent to the things that should matter. Cos that would be irresponsible and negligent. (And trust me, it's NOT actually the easy way out.) It's just that some situations are a little more complicated than others. But if you know that you've done everything in your power to make things happen or help push them along, and yet, the universe fails you... well, it's time to decide when enough effort is already effort too many.


Time to stop the back and forth. Time to stop the unnecessary stress. Time to stop the internal anguish. Cos it is when you take your hands off the steering wheel and your mind off the stresses and worries of today and every day, that life gets that much more peaceful and enjoyable. If the situation is not at all in your control, leave it in the hands of another who's actually in control. Then just sit back and wait for what you want or hope would happen, to come your way... or to go away. Remember: Hands off. What will be, will be.

8 comments :

Jeffro said...

T_T I don't know how to stop ... I'm still on the journey to figure out how..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– I realised that for me, stopping means just not doing anything anymore and not giving it the brain space it usually sucks up. And then I occupy myself with other things so I don't think about it. Like painting.

Jeffro said...

Ooo, well "stressing, over-thinking, over-analyzing and even over-caring..." comes natural to me, and even till now, I haven't found a way to stop... Lucky you manage to find some things to get your mind off it... No matter what I do, all those will be present too =( It's like a mandatory elements in whatever I do (=_=")

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
- So playing FreeCell doesn't help you?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
- Eh, you're young lah. What you have to stress about??

Jeffro said...

Oh Pam, despite my age, the things I have to take into concern (indirectly stressing myself) are too many to count... From financial support, to career-wise and current-future plannings... No matter how I try to stop, it automatically work its way... For example, while just gazing upon stars in the night, I might just suddenly thought of some ideas that might be useful later on...

Jeffro said...

Freecell doesn't really help, 'cause if I'm troubled, midway through the game, I may suddenly thought a solution (while playing freecell, somehow, my mind is constantly thinking of a solution to a problem)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– You need to learn to shut off. It's unhealthy to go on like this leh. :-/

Post a Comment

Talk to me!