Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rose-Tinted Glasses

They warn us from the start that love is blind.
What they don't tell us is that it makes us stupid as hell, too.

-_-

 I'm not kidding. Just think about it for a second.


It's not blindness that causes you to leave the most vulnerable part of yourself (your heart) in the hands of another, is it? Nope, it's stupidity. It's not blindness that causes you to walk into the arms of another knowing exactly what would be waiting on the other side if your partner decides to break his or her promise (and your heart, in the process). It's stupidity. So don't go blaming blindness for all your romantic misfortune cos it wasn't blindness but YOU who ran straight toward that uncertain promise of happily-ever-after with your eyes wide open.


And to be fair, just like anything else there is, when you put something breakable in someone else's hands and they end up smashing it to pieces (out of spite, in purpose, or by accident – take your pick), it's not exactly their fault. It's YOURS. Just you and your stupidity. So I guess it's not Love that we need more of in life; it's brains. Gotta contra off all that stupidity somehow.

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

You pretty much summed up everything I've been feeling for the past...6 months. Now I'm just...focusing on bigger things and trying to stay out of the stupid zone haha.
:/

Lissa said...

Ain't that the truth!

Jeffro said...

I guess I haven't been in love-is-blind situation... but from lessons learned, I've always come to analyze things before it hits me (unless it hits me before I can even see it) so I guess that's why I haven't encountered it (or perhaps I've unknowingly avoided it)

Th'ng Yan Nie said...

I'd like it if you have a "Like" button at the bottom. So so true.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ellejay
– Yeah, gotta get out and get get for life to go on. All the best with that, ellejay! =)


ATTN: Lissa
– Yeah, the sad truth behind the love bug. Haha.


ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. That's not an answer either. If you avoid it all the time, you'll never let go enough to really fall in love.


ATTN: Th'ng Yan Nie
– Maybe I should find a way to put those Like buttons in! =p

Jeffro said...

Well I'm not sure which is which, whether I'm a natural analyzer or I just unknowingly avoided these stuffs... Either ways, I still don't know. Guess it's hard to fall in love. =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Gotta take that leap into stupidity, my friend. Gotta risk some to win some. =)

Jeffro said...

hahaha... I wish I could just leap or jump into it... Haven't found that courage yet... People say you gotta lose some to win some... I'm thinking of a different approach, I'll try to win some first before I lose some =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Wah, hard to find a girl who's willing to let you "win some" before you "lose some" lor. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!