Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Herbal Life? So Not My Thing.

I dunno why lah but last Thursday
ended up becoming make-Pam-healthy day.


Remember how I said I had vegetarian lunch with my uncle? Well, the whole episode actually started waaay before lunch. In fact, it started first thing that morning when I had my very first mari-kita-makan-sarapan-berdua-duaan with Mee. (I usually have breakfast with Dee before going to work.)


Mee actually brought me for what she calls – please note that I'll be rolling my eyes when I type this next word – "breakfast". But I tell you... that. was. so. NOT. REAL. breakfast. lorrr. At best, it's just a pathetic excuse for breakfast lah, if you ask me. And even saying that also can kira give face already.


She brought me to a shop near KRPG and when I walked in and saw that it was half boutique and half juice junction... I knew that I was in for trouble. True enough, the lady opened her fridge and made me pick my poison from small containers of pre-mixed fruit. -_- 5 minutes later, this landed before me:


Fruits, vegetables, raisins, wheat biscuits, some white
powdery stuff, and a whole lot of other healthy nonsense.


Eh, hello. You gotta be kidding me lah.


A health shake?! For breakfast!? When you're in Penang?! The land of only the best of the best hawker food?! And when you're in Malaysia!? The homeland of glorious roti canai and 24-hour mamak stores!? Come onnn... What did I ever do to deserve this torture, I ask you??? T_T


So I immediately whipped out
my phone and shot Dee an SMS.




To which he replied:


Just ignore that WhatsApp bit. =p

HAHA. My father knows my heart. And my taste buds. =p Best part was when – much to Mee's annoyance (and the shop keeper's, I'm sure) – I asked him to tapau roti canai for me. HAHA. And all he replied was, "Kosong?" Wahahaha. Awesome sauce lah. Cos seriously lor. How can anybody consider a health shake breakfast!?


Take my word for it. THIS...




...is breakfast. =D


p/s: There's actually a Part 2 to this health drink place I visited. But more on that another day. This old girl's gotta hit the sack before she loses her youth to wrinkles, dehydrated skin, dark rings and eye bags.

7 comments :

Lissa said...

That looks gross. x.x

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– You said it! And you didn't even have to swallow it. Haha.

Lissa said...

I think I'd choke to death if I had to swallow it. :|

Jeffro said...

I gotta say it, in additional to what Lissa said... THAT IS GROSS~! ewww~!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Well... it didn't taste THAT bad lah. Cos it's just fruits and vegetables blended. But... it's NOT breakfast material lorrr.


ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahahaha. Don't you just love mothers? =p

Jeffro said...

Oh there's more to love about them, than just breakfast =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. How filial. You should let your mom read your comment. Maybe you'll get bigger breakfasts. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!