Monday, August 09, 2010

Tinki Talks Vs. Pam Song Vs. Facebook

NOTE: If you fall within this category of the people I'm gonna talk about in this post, please don't be offended by my honesty. It's just something I feel you should know about me and my blog. Cos after going through most of my friend requests, I'm feeling somewhat disturbed about some things.


There are people out there who think
that just reading my blog or being in
blogger networks (e.g. Nuffnang) together,
automatically makes us friends.

Well, I'm sorry but we're not.


I mean, it'd be different if we've actually met and exchanged 'Hellos' in real life at blogger events or something. Or if you're a frequent comment-leaver that I know of and remember. (Too bad so many of you are silent readers!! Haha.) Then, ok. In such cases, I'd probably consider us friends. Or something friend-ish. =p


Problem is, quite a handful of the blog lot who've added me are total strangers I haven't even seen or heard of before! People who know of Tinki Talks aren't necessarily people I know of, ya? Therefore, "friends" of Tinki Talks aren't necessarily friends of Pam Song either.


Seriously though... can't you people see the difference? One's a blog, the other's a person. The blog's open to public, the person isn't. It's really not that complicated, ya know?


And don't you worry. This isn't just a blogger thing.
(No blogger bashing here so please stop writing
your angry flame posts that have my name on 'em. =p)


Being in the same church and sharing a handful of mutual friends doesn't automatically make us friends either. CHCKL has over 1,500 members and the TOP population is no longer like I remember it. Yet, I've had so many members from both organisations sending in friend requests. Hey, don't you guys have other real friends you can add on Facebook rather than pseudo friends like me who just share 2 hours a week in an air-conditioned space with you?!


*shakes head*

I just don't get you people.


So... don't add me if you don't really know me, ok? Or you'd just be contributing to my 85%-90% Friend Request rejection rate. Haha.


.
.
.
.
.
.


Ok, enough about that.


I'm just gonna leave you now with two blog-driven friend requests I received that I think are worth sharing. (And in case you were wondering... no, I didn't add them to my friend list. =p)




I tend to get such messages/emails/comments cos of the Manglish I so frequently employ on Tinki Talks. =p But I'm not complaining. It's always good to know that you've helped someone remember good times past. =)




Haha. Look at that. I don't know why but I always find it funny when people call me Tinki Talks. =p Even the peeps at Nuffnang do it sometimes when I register at their events! Haha. If anything, I'm more Tinki than I am Tinki Talks. But I prefer being called Pam. =)


Yeah, I'm Pam Song.
And I write at Tinki Talks. =)

23 comments :

neena said...

well said, Pam.
it's tough being famous ha... =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
– Haha. Thanks, neena! I just hope nobody gets offended. Haha.

And you're too kind. I'm far from being famous. Nowhere near being where the KennySias and Cheeserlands of the world are.

陳一豪 said...

I once got one ahlian who said: "Hey I stay at [location] too, and I was from Monash."

Ya I'm a guy and I have a penis so I should add all the guys; and because I'm human too I should add all the girls right wtf.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– HAHAHA. What's with these people?? So weird, hor? I mean... so fun meh add strangers?!

JK said...

Hey! I'm real happy that you added me...cools! BTW, I haven't been around for a while so been a little out of it...so here's a BIG CONGRATS to you on you-know-what ya!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– Haha. We talk here a bit also ma. And if anything, my Facebook page doesn't reveal much anyway. HAHA.

And thanks! =)

Lissa said...

I've blogged about this before, but it was targetted at the people studying in the same university / people I hardly know.

That said, I'm flattered that you approved my request. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Cos I knew Reuby and you were friends with The Fiancé ma. Plus, for awhile you guys were pretty tight, too.

cuilin said...

PAM PAM PAM PAM PAM PAM PAM!!!


p/s: you said you like people calling you PAM. so i did it. hahaha


YESH. i'm too bored for now. as you can seeeeeee. =DDDD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: cuilin
– Go take IQ test to cure the boredom! Hahaha. No work meh?? Aren't you in Singapore slaving away now?

Lissa said...

Haha... True.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Don't worry. I got screening process wan. That's why 85%-90% rejection rate. =p

Lissa said...

;) It's a good thing. Keep the weirdos away. Haha.

goingkookies said...

haha.. so.. can we be blog friends/? hehe.. since i haven't met u in real life =p

but we do have at least one mutual friend in common =p or rather someone i know that u know and probably is close to.

haha.. u appear as one friendly and bubbly gal.. so, many would be dying to be ur friend... =p

ok.. i daren't add u on fb then.. just incase i fall in the 85%-90% rejected category.. hehe

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– True dat. So many of them around nowadays. *shiver*


ATTN: goingkookies
– You've never been to any NN events? And who's the mutual friend? Who who? Now I'm curious. Hahaha.

Ahhh, but dear girl, appearances can be deceiving, you know? *evil glint in eye* I could be a psycho killer and you'd never know about it through Tinki Talks. =p

Lissa said...

Oh, yes. I met a couple while abroad. :| And I also get weird requests/messages on social networking sites. -.- They don't have a life.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Those people need help. Haha.

Lissa said...

I just got two weird messages today. T_T From the same person!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Block! Block! Block! =D

Lissa said...

Yus. :|

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Yes is YUS. So no is NU?

Lissa said...

Indeed. ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– You're weird! Your recipes should come with a glossary. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!