Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Store Next Door

Last weekend, The Fiancé and I spent another afternoon at Kings Park and Botanic Garden. Only this time, we didn't eat at the Botanical Café. We decided to get our drinks and nuggets and fries from the store right next to it instead with an open aired seating area.


His coffee, my tea, and our nuggets and fries.


Less classy but... should be same same, only cheaper, right? Wrong. That futile attempt at saving a couple of dollars cost us a rushed tea in a too-cold-for-comfort seating area instead. I could barely eat cos my teeth were chattering! -_- Also, I thought the nuggets didn't taste as nice, nor were the fries any good.




Oh, and I got a paper cup and a teabag this time. (It wasn't worth a picture so I didn't bother taking one.) No freshly brewed Peppermint Tea in a shiny pot when you're sitting outdoors, missy! =(


Come to think of it, it wasn't very worth the couple of bucks we saved. Cos in the end, we didn't get ketchup with our nuggets, no salt on our fries, and I only got 1 cup of teabag tea. At Botanical Café, the tea was served in a pot so I could refill my cup 3-4 times!! That's a lot more tea there!


Sigh... We really saved much, did we? -_-
How penny-wise-pound-foolish of us. T_T

But whatever.


Rather than go all poopy face on what's over and done with, let's talk happy stuff! Like flowers! And Spring! It's starting to look real pretty around here cos the park has begun filling up with flowers. =)




Stay tuned for more Spring pictures coming up!

4 comments :

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Hahaha. You never blogged about it! =p

yapthomas said...

Ermm... soon soon.
Woiks... I am not as free as you lor... Now can sit at home and blog all day :P

Melsong said...

Go out more this week to smell the flowers and take photos. People go to WA just to see the wild flowers.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Eh eh eh... I'm not THAT free lorrrr. Still got work to do wan.


ATTN: Melsong
– I took many pictures already. Just that no time to edit and publish only. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!