Monday, August 30, 2010

The Old In The New And The New In The Old

It's funny but in Penang – my HOMEtown,
I sometimes feel a little out of my element.


I've not forgotten my roots and I'm definitely not trying to act all big-city girl. Cos to be fair, I've not yet re-familiarised myself with the city, I haven't fully settled in or unpacked, I've got lots of roads and routes to learn up, and I'm still trying to get used to that little something by something space they call my room. But oh, that room.


It's so very different from the space I used to rent in KL. It's much, much smaller (about half size); I no longer have that matching, all-black furniture set I loved so much; I share a bathroom/toilet with the help and a very messy dog; and, unlike that old rental in KL, this bathroom/toilet doesn't connect to my room so I've gotta run and duck each time I head in for a bath. -_-


And in place of all that I've given up to come home, I've now got the musty smell of an old room (my rooms always smell good; don't believe me, ask anybody who's been there), a wardrobe that's bursting with clothes and more clothes *faints*, thin curtains that do nothing to keep out the morning sun *grumble grumble grumble*, and a blasted air conditioning system that always keeps me awake with its humming and buzzing that continues throughout the night. Sigh.


BUT... there's one part of my room
I'm pretty ok-comfy with. Almost happy even.

And that's cos of my portable workspace.


From Left to Right: X-mini speakers, 500GB HDD, Macbook Pro,
iPhone 3GS and a box of zero preservative, low sugar Chrysanthemum Tea.


Ahh, it's this that makes all the difference. =)


I'm sitting there, writing this post this very moment! =p


It's not the best place to get work done but it works.
And right now, it's my favourite part of this new-old room. =)

4 comments :

Lissa said...

All-black furniture set? I like the sound of that! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- It even sounds sexy huh? =p

Jeffro said...

Wow! Bright pink... well aside from that, Looks PRETTY DARN COMFORTABLE to me! and kinda makes me thing that I should have a portable table like that too!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Cos my room in Penang's very plain. So splashes of colour is good. It makes everything look more ceria. =p

And you should get it! It's not that expensive! And they have it in other colours, too, if you're worried about the bright pink thing. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!