Thursday, July 01, 2010

Home Roast Chicken

Decided to try another new oven-baked recipe again today so, it really came as no surprise to me that grocery shopping turned out to be back-breaking. -_-'''


Left the house and walked the 10 feet to the bus stop only to find that the bus was 18 minutes away. (It says on the board that the buses come every 7 minutes. Pfft. Lies. And there I was praising their public transportation system.) So I decided to walk. iPhone in hand with Maps turned on, I made my way to the nearest Woolworths.


No story there cos I made it there
and back without mishap. Heh.

The adventure began AFTER I returned home.


I've never roasted chicken before. Heck, I never even used an oven before I tried whipping up that yummy cheesy potato bake I prepared last week! So this meal is officially Home Roast Chicken Trial Run 1 and Oven Test 2. Haha. This was what I needed:


Cherry tomatoes, potatoes, sweetcorn, baby corn,
lemon, garlic, carrots and chicken tenders.


Mind you, that's barely half
of what I had to carry home.

-_-

5 minutes later...


All cut up.


The marinate (bottom-right) was just a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic. Sorry, no measurements. I just pakai hentam. Haha. After I seasoned the chicken, I arranged it in the middle of an oven-safe pan (I think it's actually a cake pan but whatever) and tossed in the vege stuff to cuddle it in the oven.




25 minutes later...

TADA!




I didn't know when to actually take it out of the 180ºC oven – most recipes just tell me to wait till its golden brown – but my broccolis were starting to change colour so I decided to stab the chicken to know if it was cooked all the way through. It was.


Note to self:
Chicken without skin
doesn't turn golden brown.




And yes, I added the lemon skin – leftover after I squeezed all the juice for seasoning – in at the last minute and waited for it to colour in the oven before taking it out. Just cos it made my dish look pretty. And that made me happy. =)

6 comments :

jack said...

wah... yatt wok sook..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Say what!? I no understandings!!

jack said...

ahh... Cantonese(yat-wok-sok).. cook everything in 1 pot!!! =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Hahaha. So clever. Haha. Easy ma cook liddat.

test said...

So pam can cook? errr ?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Spectre
– Haha. Idiot. Dun see me no up lorrr!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!