Sunday, July 25, 2010

First Try At DIY

I impulse-purchased a pack of Woolworths Select Cola Jelly the first time I went grocery shopping alone in the city. (That's almost 2 months ago, by the way. =p) Just for fun. And cos I like eating jelly. =) Made it once for dessert when I cooked dinner for the boys in KL, too. That was lime flavoured, I think. This time I bought Cola.


Lazy to flip the picture for you lah.


The home brand was the cheapest one on the shelves and... well, you can't really go wrong with jelly, right? Wrong. Wrong, wrong, WRONG!


You see, I had no way of measuring anything accurately. (The house I'm currently living in has no measuring cups or spoons – AT ALL!) So, I ended up putting too much water in the mix and that ultimately resulted in 4 v-e-r-y watery cups of jelly. -_-'''


Project DIY Cola Jelly – FAIL MAX!


But wait! This is Pam Song we're talking about. Cummon! There's always, always, ALWAYS a way to turn things around and salvage the situation. *determined face* After a little bit of thinking, I decided I can't exactly re-liquefy the jelly over the stove again since it's already been refrigerated. So, the next best thing is to just leave the watery jelly in the fridge and wait till the water evaporates due to low humidity levels in the cold.


Well, 1.5 months and a lot of patience later...

TADA!




Perfect jelly! HAHAHA.
No, seriously. It's p-e-r-f-e-c-t!


That round dip in the middle of the jelly
tells me how much water has evaporated. =p


I'm enjoying it now as I write this post. Man, I totally deserve a pat on the back for my jelly rescue operation lah. Haha. So proud of myself. Sure, I screwed up in the beginning. But with a little bit of thinking, all's right in the world again. =)


Anyway, in the time between that jelly mishap and now, I've cooked and baked a handful of other stuff that have been... well, IMHO, pretty kind to the taste buds. Even if I do say so myself. Haha. Guess I've come a long way in the kitchen since watery jelly, huh? =)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!