Friday, June 18, 2010

Thursday's Spoils!

So my day went superbly well yesterday. Did everything I said I needed to do and then some. Even managed to sneak in a little girly shopping – yes, I found my hairband(s)!! – before I had to go home to prepare dinner. Haha. Now I wonder why I never did this going-solo thing before yesterday! Haha. Love. It. Lah.


That's my view of the street from the bus stop.


I think I've gotten the hang of going about with the local city bus already. It's really easy, actually! A no-brainer. And because the buses are always on time here, I never have to wait more than a few minutes at a time. I think I may start making some other stops to check out other things outside the regular hotspot areas next time. But on to more pressing matters...


SHOPPING SPOILS!


Hairbands from DIVA.


I know I said I needed a hairband but but... in my defence, I didn't go hunting for 8. Those came in 2 sets! The boring, mature-looking ones on the right were the practical choice so I got those for $9 AUD. They're for every-day use. The girly ones on the left, on the other hand, were just calling out to me. They were all pretty and shiny. And I liked their size better (they're the size I usually buy back in Malaysia) cos they were thinner than the boring black and brown ones. Plus, there were 5 in a set! FIVE!


*shifty eyes*

(That's self-justification at work.)


Oh, and the primary reason I went into women's stores other than accessory shops was because I realised I needed more warm clothing. My regular baby-T's don't quite give me the insulation and warmth I so desire (and require for proper functioning of limbs and the like). On that premise, I went on a hunt for long-sleeved knitwear. Found one that I liked but it didn't come in my size. *grumble grumble* So, I ended up buying a short-sleeve, emerald green, high-neck knit top for $16 AUD.




This isn't the real colour, by the way. I'll take another picture of me in it and publish that later. I'm wearing it today COS I'M GOING OUT AGAIN! =D But wait. Before you get distracted with stories of the present, I'll have you know that I'm not done with stories of the past. Here's another purchase I made from the same store I got the emerald top from. =)




I bought that frilly top for $20 AUD. (Me and frills... I KNOW, RIGHT??? Hahaha.) It's not exactly cheap after conversion but it's what I'd expect to pay for work wear in Malaysia anyways. Ahhh, the perils of thinking (and shopping) in Ringgit. Sigh.


Ok, that's it. I'm off for another day in the city.
Haha. Have a great day, y'all! It's Friday!

10 comments :

Jaidene said...

Love your posts, have become a follower

Check out my blog and become a follower too =]

http://hearmyvoice13.blogspot.com/

Pam Song said...

ATTN: JLW
– Hey there, JLW! Am glad you stopped by and followed Tinki Talks. =) Comments like these make me go, "Awwww..."

Lissa said...

I always called them headbands. LOL. But yay for new purchases! :) I bought myself postcards because I can't take photos like those. <.< :P I might get a fridge magnet too. HEEE!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Maybe they're that. I'm not sure! Hahaha. But yes... YAY!

And whaddaya mean you can't take pictures like those? Just pick up a cam and snap!

Lissa said...

They don't come out as pretty, and sometimes it's an aerial view. :(

I have a collection of over 200 postcards. >.> I'm actually rather proud of it. LOL.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Aerial view also okay ma. Haha.

And the reason I think photographs are better is cos... they only take up virtual space! Hahaha. How do you store your postcards!?

Lissa said...

They take up virtual space but I'd like to have copies of said photographs as well, because once my computer got stolen while I was in Ukraine and my photos from Turkey were all gone. :( I had such fun, too. >.<

I store the postcards in a small box in my drawer. :) Looking forward to expanding that collection. Haha... I also have fridge magnets and I plan to fill the whole fridge with them. :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Ooo, I know what you mean!!! When my comp crashed, I lost everything. T_T Then I got smarter and decided I should always always back-up my stuff. Then my comp got stolen, along with my back-up harddisk that was in the same comp bag so I lost everything AGAIN! T_T

Hey, do you collect postcards of places you've been to only?

Anonymous said...

take off the spectacles please....then ngam liao...=P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– What's wrong with my glasses?? T_T

Post a Comment

Talk to me!