Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Older You Get, The Faster It Flies!

Today, I got to Facebook messaging two girlfriends who, at one point in time, were possibly the closest two girl pals to me. Why? Well, I just read that one just recently got engaged. And she, in turn, told me that the other was on her way back from the UK for good even as we were speaking typing! (Yeah, it takes real big life changes for me to get active on Facebook. =p) Wowza!


Oh, how time flies.


You know, I still remember the time when we were all young, single and in high school... just like it was yesterday. But it's not. It's been a whole decade since then. And over the years, we've grown up and grown apart. I can't say I know present-day them very well anymore. But when we do meet up to hang out and catch up... well, there's still something there.


Anyway, this post wasn't purposed
for reminiscence so let's not go there.

Bottom line is this: We're all growing up.


Boy, it's scary how quickly statuses change these days. I can't hardly keep track even with the help of Facebook! Single one day, engaged the next. Married one day, pregnant the next. It's scary, alright. But it's crazy-exciting, too! One by one, my friends have gone on to get attached, engaged and then married. Some have even become Mummies and Daddies! And they're my age!


*faints*


So, yes. Time waits for no one. Not even if you're the only one amongst you peers without a boy, without a ring, without a marriage certificate or without another heart beating in your womb. Life goes on, growing-up happens, people age, and... like CuiLin says, "we are getting old now =((("


I guess that makes it time for us
to get serious about our health considering
we're not getting any younger.




Because men and women are different.
And because we're all getting old.

2 comments :

ChickLit said...

*This post brought to you by VitaScience*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ChickLit
– AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!