Monday, June 28, 2010

AMA: What Was Your Hardest Decision?

QUESTION: what makes you pam song? :)

what was your hardest decision?
well you can answer that like your whole life, or the past 6 months or the past 1 year :)

what are you looking forward to the most?

(pick one) sphyrez


ANSWER: Firstly, I like pick-one questions. Haha. Secondly, I'm picking your second question: "What was your hardest decision?" =)

I think my most difficult series of decisions to make in recent times was to quit my job, buy a ticket for a long holiday abroad, then up and leave PJ/KL for good.

I think of the three, the flight ticket was the simplest decision to make. Picking dates and scouring websites for the cheapest flights (I'm from Penang lah – we like cheap stuff) was a headache but it was a piece of cake compared to the other two decisions. Plus, the pain kinda leaves to make way for excitement once you're done paying off your credit card bills from that online purchase. Haha.

Next toughie, was throwing in the towel on MCKL. You see, I'd resigned once back in 2008 but 3 months notice, 3 'let's chat' meetings with Big Man Boss of Words, and 1 extra month 'to think' later, I decided to stay. And I really didn't regret staying at the time. But after 3+ years at the agency... well, it was time.

It wasn't just me though. Others in my batch had long gone off to greener pastures. So, staying the extra year and a half made me the 2nd last to leave. (The last one's leaving this month, I believe! Haha.) Our heydays at MCKL had come to an end.

Good thing for me, I got to freelance for MCKL for 2 weeks after I left so it wasn't really quit cold turkey for me and I didn't really feel jobless till I got fully settled in on my holiday in Australia. So that was good. =) In fact, I was told I'm a workaholic cos I got excited whenever I got work emails coming in while on holiday but... I guess the whole freelance thing helped with the transition into holiday mode for me.

But I think the most painful result from deciding to leave MCKL was knowing that I'd be saying 'goodbye' to PJ/KL, too – my toughest, most painful decision yet. ='( I moved down to pursue my college degree just months after I graduated high school – early January 2002. I left at the end of May 2010. That's 8.5 defining years – more than a third of my lifetime, man! Come to think of it, I even started driving in KL. Haha. (That's why I know the roads in KL better than I know the roads in Penang. -_- Fail, I know.)

Gosh the pain from saying 'goodbye' to my friends. T_T And the thought of not having my favourite foodstuff anymore – my Klang Dry Bak Kut Teh, my SS2 Porridge with Salted Fish, my Concorde Bamboo Rice... wah, torture! (Dammit, I'm so hungry now. Better wrap this up so I can make me some breakfast. =p) Ahh, I'm gonna miss that place and its people.


If you've got any other queries, go ahead. Ask Me Anything.

10 comments :

Melsong said...

You can always go visit KL/PJ on long weekends.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– It's different.

JK said...

Why not get another job in KL/PJ?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– Well, it's a little complicated. =/

min said...

Why did you decide to move back to Penang? :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: min
– Haha. Is that an AMA question? =p

Jeffro said...

but you'll still come back to KL right? I still remember you owe me a drink... oh wait.. or was it the other way around? Okay nvm then xD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– To visit visit lor. Unless there's a not-to-be-missed NN party or something. Hahaha.

And I'd like to think that YOU owe me a drink. =p

Jeffro said...

@PamSong:
A frequent visit visit lah... Hmmm big time PARTY huh? I hope so, but by the looks of it, things been pretty dull and doesn't seem to be improving much on their side.. *shrugs* Anyhow, I'm still looking forward to parties :D

*dramatic* Oh no~! I shouldn't have brought it up! Hahaha yes, I think by the time you decide to come to KL later on, I'll buy ya a drink ;) (or hopefully you forget or got confused, I'll ask you to buy me a drink instead :P)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Yeah, they've been quiet lately huh. No more power gatherings anymore. Maybe you guys can look forward to a good anniversary lah. They usually throw parties then ma. =)

I. Won't. Forget. Prepare your money, boy! Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!