Sunday, May 09, 2010

Celebrating Grandma's Sister – The Last Of Her Generation

Last night, I went for a birthday dinner that had me meeting family I never even knew I had. Haha. It was held in celebration of my Ah Ma's sister's dunno-number-what-th (why didn't I ask?? -_-''') birthday.




Just like my late grandma, she is a woman
blessed with many who love and care for her.


My Ah Ma's last birthday was a huge celebration, too. And just like how her brothers, sisters and distant relatives came from far and wide to attend my Ah Ma's birthday, my Ah Ma's children – Dee, my Singaporean aunt and my uncle – made sure they were all there last night to celebrate this joyous occasion with them.


My uncle – Dee's older bro. I see he practices
the you-don't-drink-wine-you-sip-wine method.



Uncle Cheong (half-faced), my Singaporean aunt
and her husband (I call him Ah Teow), and Dee.


Here's a better picture of them, minus my dad.


Uncle Cheong, Ah Teow and my aunt from Singapore.


That Uncle Cheong has FOUR darling daughters.
Dun mess. Askar perempuan kau kau!


Yours Truly with the Cheong sisters.


I met 2 of the 4 during Ah Ma's birthday – the oldest (final year advertising student – WOO HOO!) and the youngest (Form 5, SPM). Met the middle 2 for the first time last night (lawyer-to-be and... urm... and... urm, ok change topic). I can only conclude that I like them all. HAHA. They seem pretty similar anyways. All talk same style wan. =p


I don't really remember the rest *shame-faced*
cos we didn't get to talk much. But here's
the lot that made up my generation – 3rd gen.


3rd generation.


Our parents, uncles and aunties.


2nd generation.


And the birthday girl herself.


1st generation.


Someone else took the full group picture
so, till that comes in... that's all, folks!


p/s: Food at Dragon Something-Something Restaurant in Summit is surprisingly good! Especially the sharks fin soup. I had THREE bowls to myself. Haha. Having said that, Tinki Talks does not support the killing of sharks. Thank you.

6 comments :

Lissa said...

Dragon Boat Restaurant, I'm guessing.

You take sharks' fin soup but don't support the killing of sharks? A bit hypocritical, innit? LOL.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Yep! That's the one! Awesome stuff.

And I can't exactly allow the poor shark to die in vain, can I? Must let it fulfil its culinary destiny. *self-deception*

Lissa said...

When the buying stops, the killing can too. :P When there's no demand, the supply will drop and eventually cease to exist. Economics, girl! ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Oh, I actually like that line! Haha. And check out it, yo. Doctah knows her demand and supply! Can I reach equilibrium?

Lissa said...

That line has been used by Animal Planet for AGES. I love it, and it's so true.

And, the only thing I know about econs is supply and demand. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. You only know how supply and demand works or you only know that there's supply and demand in econs? =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!