Thursday, May 06, 2010

Caught In Between The Folds Of Relativity

Time is relative.


How quickly or how slowly it goes by depends largely on what you're doing, what you're running from and/or what you're heading toward.


I've come to a point in my life where it feels to me like Time's into playing games with me. Behaving wonky, flirty and cheeky. Teasing me with its pauses and plays – its loony, looping stops and gos, and round and arounds.


Sometimes, I feel like it's zooming by sooner than I'd care for it to. Speeding away from me. Racing out of sight and reach. Not giving two hoots to what I'd like to do within its cramped, confined, ever-shrinking space of ticks and tocks.


At other times, it feels very much like it's deliberately inching by. Crawling slowly. Like it doesn't at all care for my plans for the future – my plans to come. Not at all bothered to move along so as to help me reach my short-term goals in the least amount of time possible.


But I guess the dilemma arises because
this time is unlike the other times.
(I.e. times when I've left the bad for the good.)


Because this time, as much as I can't wait to move on and leave The Present behind and give it all up in my pursuit of The Future, I'd also very much like to prolong The Now for as long as I can and live it up the best I can while I can before it becomes a soon-to-be-forgotten past that's littered with regrets, should-haves and could-haves.


Because this time it's different.


And that difference has made me realise that, as much as Time is relative, it always, always gets even more relative when something good comes to an end and another good thing begins.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!