Friday, April 16, 2010

If There's One Thing Worth Spending Money On...

...it's books.


Better yet if you somehow manage to get more words for less dough. Like I did. Heh heh. (Cannot help it lah, fren. I'm Chinese. =p) And I did my shopping at what I shall now refer to as my ultimate favourite bookstore in Klang Valley – Book Xcess.


"Read more for less." Grabbed this one off their blog.


Quite fancy looking for a bargain store, eh? Well, they recently bought a new lot and expanded the business. Having said that, the few of us who shop there have also come to notice that, with their new store, the prices of books have also been bumped up a fair bit. (The books used to be a whole lot cheaper than they are now. T_T)


But whatever.

I still found a buncha books
I wanted (and could afford). =)




MY BUYS:
  1. The Bride Stripped Bare: A Novel (P.S.) – Nikki Gemmell
  2. When Wallflowers Dance: Becoming a Woman of Righteous Confidence – Angela Thomas
  3. Take Note Bible (NKJV)
  4. God's Promises For You – Max Lucado

And all I had to fork out
for all that was RM107.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!

RM107 FOR 4 BOOKS!

That's like the price of ONE Bible
at any other bookstore!

*faints*


Crazy prices at this place, I tell ya. (Even with the hike in prices.) They even threw in a book thong for my purchases. Haha. (Little things like that thrill me.) They said I could pick and choose so I ended up taking home a brown one with an angel at one end and the word 'LOVE' on the other to go with my new Take Note Bible. =)


Oh, and better still, since I spent more than RM100, I qualified for their 3-year membership at no extra cost to me. As a member, I'd get discounts for any future purchases. Yeah, you read right. DISCOUNTS! On already-cheap books! Haha. Crazy fantastic stuff. I'm definitely going back. Again and again and again.


If you wanna know more
or pay Book Xcess a visit,
here are the details:


ADDRESS:
L3.60, Amcorp Mall,
18, Jalan PSN Barat,
46050 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.

TEL:
+603-7956 0455

WEBSITE:
www.bookxcess.com

BLOG:
www.bookxcessblog.com


p/s: This is not a paid advertorial.

9 comments :

Lissa said...

The links don't work, but I figured them out. :)


And. I love books. Like love love. Turning into obsession. Especially older and rarer books. Some of them are cheap, others cost a bomb. I could go on and on, so I'll just stop now. *swoons*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Thanks for letting me know! They should work now. =)

Melsong said...

Do they have a branch in Penang?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Not as far as I know.

Unknown said...

The advertising annuals are a bargain over here. Wish they carried "Archive" books too.

Josie said...

yup, book xcess is heaven-sent for bookworms! you should also check out big bookshop at atria. darn cheap, but not a lot of new titles.

p.s: 'bride stripped bare' is really good.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Justin Murugaya
– Really!? I didn't see a lot actually. Hmmm. Maybe I should stop spending so much time at the Fiction section. HAHA.


ATTN: Josie
– Another reco for books?? Awessum! I'll be starting on The Bride Stripped Bare after I'm done with Mitch Albom's latest book. (Can't remember title now. -_-''')

Thanks, Josie. Never been to Atria's area except for to-die-for Claypot Chicken Rice (same row as Domino's) – go try! It's yums!

Kingston said...

I bought a lot of books from there too ...good stuff.Last sunday my friend's daughter birthday, so i bought a few books for her...guess wat ...everyone bought quite similar books too and is from Bookaccess ...hahaha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kingston
– HAHA. Looks like the book haunt isn't so hush after all, eh?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!