Monday, February 15, 2010

LOU SANG: Part II

The first lou sang session I had this year was a surprise one I semi-crashed. (Unintentionally, I might add. -_-) Was feeling under the weather but I threw colourful food in the air with The Owner and friends at Seapark anyways. Turned out to be a pretty fun night, that one. =)


But that's not the point of this post. This is:


Part II for me came a few days after when the Then-&-Nows of MCKL's Open Territory Members met up for a pre-CNY dinner. =)


Ladies and gentlemen, meet the crew.


L to R (Top Row): Dennis the Menace, didjital, B-Boy, K, Astronaut;
(Bottom Row): Diam, Ah Boon, Lamé, Duh Roads, Yours Truly.


FYI, Dennis the Menace and didjital are ex-MCKL staff. (Pfft! You betrayers, you!) The rest of the crew are current MCKL staff Рthe newest member of the family being Lam̩, of course. Semua komplain banyak tapi masih mau makan gaji MCKL. HAHA. No shame lah, we all. Really no shame. Haha.


Ok. Enough about that.
It's lou sang time!




We had K do the honours and... trust me when I say that the boy does not know head or tail about what to do with the sauces and powders. Don't believe me, ask the rest! First step with the lemon and salmon already salah kau kau. HAHAHA. (Sorry, inside joke. Only funny if you were there. =p) But don't feel left out. You can laugh at this:




I managed to capture a picture of him
realising his mistake. Tee hee. =p


Anyways, we all just close one eye lah. Personally, I don't really care cos I just play with yee sang. I don't really eat it. =p And... as expected, we made a royal mess of everything. Hahaha. But whatever. My theory with yee sang is this: When you lou, the greater the mess, the better. =p




Oh, and I tried a slice of the yee sang salmon this time around (cos I kiasu and I feel I must do my best to eat my money's worth during group meals -_-). Regret kau kau. It tasted like stale socks. (Not that I've tried tasting that before. *cough cough*) Blergh.




*gag*

Thank goodness the other dishes were relatively good.




We had roasted duck, stir-fried broccoli, fish with teochew gravy, some kind of pork in sweet sauce, chicken in yam basket... and one or two other dishes I can't remember. Highlight for me was the Sizzling Plate Taufoo, of course. =p


Well, we had a good time catching up with the "lost sheep" that night. ("Lost Sheep" means: Dennis the Menace and didjital, of course. *rolls eyes*) Good to introduce the newbies to the oldies, too. Just to keep things tight between the Open Territory fellows of Then & Now. =)


And since it's a reunion we ended the night
with a couple of customary group shots.

The serious one...


All pretend act zheng keng. AND WHY THE HECK
AM I THE ONLY ONE SMILING BIG BIG LIKE SOR POH?!? T_T


And the regular nonsense one...




It was a good night out, guys.
We should do it again sometime. =)


And to the rest of you, dear readers of Tinki Talks, I hope you have an awessum possum CNY 2010 that brings awessum possum singleton tax returns. =p


Happy Chinese New Year, y'all! =)

6 comments :

yapthomas said...

LUCKY!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Haha. Who? What? Where?

But this group didn't do enough shouting lah. No blessing for this bunch liao. T_T

test said...

the last pix? u guys are like trying to rawr like tiger?

In-Jaul said...

That salmon doesn't look very appetizing...or healthy for that matter... it's lucky you didn't get sick.

Anonymous said...

RAWR! lets do it again :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Spectre
– Haha. TRYING lah. That's the key word. Trying. =p


ATTN: In-Jaul
– Ya, man. Damn gross. I think it smelled funny, too.


ATTN: mcmlxxxi
– Haha. When? You the most-est happenings one. Always no time for us advertising kuli.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!