Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Inflation Realisation

Woke up at 7-something this morning, feeling hungry after 11 hours of sleep. (Last night totally KO.) Thinking I'd beef up on bread, butter, baked beans, beanut butter *shifty eyes* and urm... (shit, I ran out of food that begins with B) ...all things healthy, I decided to take a walk down to the convenience store by the octogenarian pool.


"CLOSED"

Shaits. -_-'


"Nehmind, it's ok," I said to myself aloud. (Internal conversation in my head was less understanding, of course, but I shan't bore you with the details of that talk I had with myself.) I knew that there was another convenience store further outside the condo I'm in so I started walking in that direction instead. Made it there and of all days, they were fighting a bad leak from the ceiling.


Sigh.

Of all the rotten luck lah, I tell you. T_T

So, in my desperation – hungry until wanna die and cannot walk already – I ended up tapau-ing roti kosong from a nearby mamak instead. -_-


Ok, intro over.

I shall tell you about inflation now.

This was the roti canai I tapau-ed:




CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT
THIS UNHEALTHY PIECE
OF BURNT FLOUR
COST ME RM1?!


My goodness!!!

What happened to the
40sen roti canais of yesterday?!


Ok, fine. Last I paid that price, I was in primary school. In Penang. (The best of the best of the bestest best primary school in Penang, if you were wondering. *cough cough*) BUT STILL! When I was in SS15 taking my Diploma, roti kosong cost me only 60sen at Al Rafis! (Ahhh, fond memories of times spent in that place are coming back to me now. =) Remember or not, Nit?)


How can the price of roti
shoot up to RM1 in less than 6 years???

That's a price hike by 66.66%!


Anyways, it's been awhile since I've paid for just roti. When I order it with drinks, I usually don't think about the breakdown. And if they charge me RM2-something or RM3 for roti and a drink, I'm fine with it cos it seems like a full meal. (Self deception.) But just now, I ALMOST GOT A HEART ATTACK WHEN HE DIDN'T GIVE ME CHANGE FOR MY RM1.


Sigh.

Beh tahan lah an-neh.
(Read this whole sentence in Hokkien ah.
Dun come and say I talk bad about Indians.)


Must quit my job and go open a mamak already lah. I see see from this example, I think can make money, man. Worried that after open shop got no money to hire cook? No problem. Burnt flour only wat. So difficult to cook meh?

14 comments :

JK said...

RM1 is rather cheap, doncha think?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– Not when I consider what I used to pay for it. Haha.

JK said...

Guess that was sometime ago...BTW, been following your blog since nuffnang flashed it out to us..get well soon : )

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– Only six years! I'm not that old! Hahaha.

And NN flashed my blog!? How come I dunno wan. Hahaha. Good to know readers. You guys should talk more or I'll think I'm talking to myself all the time. Haha.

Thanks!

JK said...

Also, pls visit my blog...johorkia.blogspot...& give me some cues on how to improve it yes...:)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– Haha. Okok. Thanks for stopping by. =)

JK said...

heh...thanks for dropping by too...my latest is that I'm gonna do some book reviews so do follow/read when you get the time..Cheerios!

Unknown said...

RM1 is consider cheap d loh .. my place, they charge me 1.30 for a piece of kosong leh!!!

semua naik harga .. gaji tak naik! sob sob ..

RealGunners said...

u dunno 1 meh, when 1kg flour naik 20sen, 1 piece of burnt flour will naik 20sen also...

Nick Chan said...

Awww, getting old starting to get to u? me too..haha

Lissa said...

LOL. I don't eat roti canai anymore. >.> English tea and scones, please! :P

mmelodia said...

ahem, ahem. Batu Lanchang. hehe.

test said...

RM 40 to 50 sen only for roti canai! anything else because owner is greedy and * evil*. next ask for price before ordering.

PS: u should ask for discount mah XD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– No probs. All the best with blogging for you! =)


ATTN: Simon
– Walauuuu. RM1.30 is totally ridiculous! MOGOK!


ATTN: RealGunners
– Hahahaha. True dat. Sucks but... true.


ATTN: Nick Chan
– Yeah, man. Totally feeling it. I've begun to say, "You know, during MY time..." -_-'''


ATTN: Lissa
– Wah. So England ah you. Haha.


ATTN: mmelodia
– YEAHHHH!!!

Berusaha untuk mencapai,
Adalah cogan kata kami,
Dengan tekad dan semangat paduuuu!

Haha. Good times, good times. Especially the semangat-ed ending of the song. =p


ATTN: Spectre
– Hahaha. Where you go eat that kind of price?

And you crazy ah? Where can bargain with mamak wan? Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!