Saturday, December 26, 2009

Year-End Holidays

...make me blue.


I guess it's all that extra time I've got on my hands. I'm not used to it. My brain's obstinately refusing to idle and is looking for things to digest and dissect. And it sucks that, of all things, it's chosen to start gnawing at the pathetic state of my personal life. Or rather, my lack of a personal life to begin with.


Sigh.

Maybe I shouldn't have taken leave at all.


I mean, I know I fought hard for all four days of it so I'd get 10 work-free days. But now, I'm actually semi-glad I only got 2 working days off. (Sorry, Mee and Dee, it's not you, it's me.) Am actually kinda looking forward to going back to work. At least it'll help take my mind off this crap.


Or maybe it's not the work and it's just cos KL moves at a faster pace than Penang does. And although that's a bad thing most of the time (hell knows I complain about it a lot), maybe it's what's best for me at this point in my life. I mean, it's not like I've got anyone or anything to spend all that extra time on anyways. Might as well put it to good use where I'm wanted and needed. Might as well work my days (and nights) away.


But ahh, I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong about all that, too. Maybe I'm already burnt out and what I really need is a change of environment. Something that'll turn things around and make me feel less blah about life. Maybe Penang is the place for me. Hmmm...


But – scary thought – what if it isn't?


I mean, I can totally see myself happily raising a family of my own on this island I grew up in but... to work? I can't say I'm sure that I'll be happier here than I am in KL. What if I move and I find myself worse off cos I can't get used to the pace or the working environment?


And what about the friendships
I've discovered, built and cultivated in KL?


I've pretty much lost touch with most friends in Penang save for a few stray ones I kept since highschool. The others are already down in KL or are happily pursuing their careers in every other part of the world. So the potential problem that could arrive would be this: What if I come back and discover that I miss my social support group in KL?


But as much as I say that I'll miss the people I've grown to love and cherish in KL, a big part of me just wants to up and run away. Far, far away. To be on the go, in search of fresh prospects. For a clean start. A brand new beginning. Not having to deal with the things, thoughts and people who pull me down, rip my self-esteem to shreds and try to suffocate me emotionally.


Ugh.

As you can probably tell by now,
my head's messed up big time.


It just feels like growing up has taken its toll on me. I feel jaded. And burnt out. On so many levels. I need to find my center. Rediscover my zest for life. Learn to love again. I don't know what it is that I want exactly. All I know is that, at the end of the day, it's gotta spell H-A-P-P-I-N-E-S-S or else, it's just not good enough. Cos cuilin is right. I deserve the best.


Sigh. I look back at 2009 and I can't say that I'm ecstatic over what I see. So, I look toward 2010. But even then, it looks bleak cos all I see is a long, lonely road ahead. Blah. Can't wait for that journey to begin. -_-

10 comments :

Lissa said...

*hugs* Think of the people you have around you, and that you still have them with you. Think of the loved ones others have lost, never being able to celebrate festive times with them again, and you'll cheer up pretty fast, I think. LOL.

Merry Christmas. Hope you had a good one. :) I'll blog soon. >.> After tonight. Busy busy! x.x

test said...

Merry Christmas Pam . hope 2010 will be a better year for u XD

TMBF said...

Pam, I cannot believe you can't get a date.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Positivity's turning out to be kinda hard to channel right now. =(

Merry Christmas though. May yours actually have the merry in it.


ATTN: Spectre
– Merry Christmas, Spec. Thanks. And I hope the same for you. =)


ATTN: TMBF
– Hmmm. It's not about not being able to get a date. It's more about... finding the right person to go on a date with.

Lissa said...

*hugs*

Psalm 37:4 is a good verse to hold close to your heart in your present situation.

Chin up, girl. He loves you and wants the best for you. You mean that much to Him. :)

TMBF said...

You make "finding the right person to go on a date with" sound like "finding someone to spend the rest of my life with forever and evar OMG!!!1".

Damn, woman, it's just a date.

And I'm sorry if I sound unsympathetic to your ongoing spell of depression, but it sounds like you could really use one right now. A date, that is.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Thanks babe, for the verse. Hugs. =)


ATTN: TMBF
– Hmmm... I guess I don't take relationships very lightly. To me, it's all in or all out. And sure, dates are the prelude to anything serious but even then, I don't date for fun. Can't blame a woman for being serious about her future.

Anonymous said...

hi pam, i stumbled upon ur blog like a year ago and has been following it since. enjoyed reading it.

anyway, i saw this post the other day and i thought i should show this youtube clip to cheer u up. link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwq7PwQ1eM4

i dunno what is the song was about, but it is just swelling with joy.

take life easy. it is just like eating maggie mee: eat it too fast, u'll choked; eating too slow and it'll be all soggy. relationship is not something to rush into. at least, that is what i think... i think u will meet someone someday, u know, like
serendipity

anyway, it seem u've overcome ur despressed mood already today, but i guessed there is no harm to share that song wif u.

take care

Jeffro said...

yeapz it's definitely you... I guess it's right when people say, when one "levels up" from one phase to another in life and also in terms of maturity, he/she sees things different and maybe that contributes to a better taste (or should I say higher requirements in life)...

You, my friend, just need that spark in life again... most likely at this moment, you've just temporarily lost your 'mojo' (in better words, spirit/zest in life) Im sure if 2009 didn't offer you much, well there's 2010, and it's only a few days from now... Don't lose hope for a better day! =)

and PLS la.. get rid of the scary thoughts (what if it isn't or what if it [insert negative thoughts]) and remember your qualities =D Have a blast at the year end (even if it's no good, we gotta celebrate it's ending.. coz we've survived it! a good pat on the back ya! *winks*)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: blog4edric
– Hi blog4edric,

Nice to "meet" silent readers every once in awhile. Haha. That way you guys become more than just numbers on my stat counter. =p


My apologies for the late respond to your comment. And thanks for the youtube link. Haha. That was a good one. =)

"Serendipity."

I like the word. Didn't quite take to the movie, though. But just so you know, life has taken a turn for the better in the past few months. =)

Hoping life is good with you, too,
Pam Song


ATTN: Jeffro
– Requirements suck. But they're so real, too. Haha. I guess the older we get, the more detailed we are about what we want and what we don't. So indirectly, that narrows down our chances at actually getting what we want and being happy with what we get. Terrible, this growing up thing. -_-

Mojo's back, by the way. =) And yes, I survived the year. =D

Post a Comment

Talk to me!