Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Definitely Working In The Wrong Agency

I follow Welcome To Optimism (W+K London's blog) on RSS cos it serves as a daily reminder to me that working in an agency can (and should be) be fun all day, every day. The good, healthy kind of fun, that is. Am not really one for the sexed-up, alcohol-driven, ANL-party-led, dirty, dark stuff agency people often go for. =p


*cough cough*


Getting the inside scoop and following their merry attempts at meshing work and play together never fails to bring me back to that wonderful place that looks toward agency life as all that it's said to be in glossy-papered ad magazines. Makes me wish I could see my time at work through more optimistic eyes, too... and not what it is for most (if not all) of the agencies in Malaysia present it to be.


So, after a looong day at work doing lots of nonsense for people I don't want to do things for, I logged online and flipped my reader to W+K London's blog, expecting to feel better after a good read. Well, look what I found staring back at me:


Click here to view from source.


OMG, now, I feel worse than everrr! They get off days from tomorrow afternoon till the 4th of January 2010?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEKL WEI??? How come we don't get days off?? Kill me now lah, really. So depressed can jump off Penang Bridge, kns.


T_T

6 comments :

clark said...

i always have the same feeling when talking with my friends who are working in much more prestigious IT companies in other countries. how I wish that I was on the same shoe. i'm working a minimum of 12 hrs a day; on-call for high severity issues even at night while I'm sound asleep. yet some of those guys work 8 hours day.. go home, relax and spend time with their families. probably it's how Malaysian companies work. 'coz our counterparts in London or US just work "normal" hours. darn. wish I could transfer there. haha! oh well, my time will come. ^_^

btw. don't jump lah; it'll be a waste of a perfectly good female specimen.

cuilin said...

babe, actually its because london is snowing heavily.
people cant get transport to work.
but stil get paid tho. XD

check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8427781.stm

''Problems persist on public transport in many parts of the UK.''
so everywhere is a lil chaos? haha. its not as joyful tho.

missing you tons.
happy white christmas.
love ur snow falling on ur blog. =)

keep shinning
xoxo

yapthomas said...

class a bit can or not. don't jump off Penang Bridge. Jump off KLCC can?

But anyhoos... you are not alone. Tho different industry...

test said...

Wat to do this is bolehland. Chinaman style longer hour mean more productivity = more moo-lah for the boss

sy1n said...

"You jump, I jump!" but that's too passe and it's not a win-win situation.

"You jump, I catch!" Just tell me where and when ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: clark
– Kinda stinks, don't it? Sigh. But you're right. It's cos of Malaysia. Our working culture here is a little different. Hey, at least you guys get paid more for night shifts. And if you do go in for work when you're not supposed to, you get paid OT, right? We don't. Such is agency life. T_T

Hey, if I jump to Publicis, it'll still be at LYL. HAHA.


ATTN: cuilin
– Eeyerrr... So unfair. Hey, I heard that you wanna work there and not come back already. True story?

Missing you heaps, too, babe. TOP just isn't the same without your cheery self. XOXO.


ATTN: yapthomas
– What nonsense! I must perish in my HOMETOWN right??? Dun come and KLCC me.

Sigh. Guess when it comes to the end of the year, a lot of ppl got a lot of thinking to do. Gotta start evaluating the year and planning for the year ahead.


ATTN: Spectre
– Ya lor. Kinda sucks. Cos at least if we get compensated for the pain, it's different. In my agency, we don't. T_T


ATTN: sy1n
– Tonight. Penang bridge. Be there.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!