Friday, December 04, 2009

Doesn't Matter How Far You've Gone

You shouldn't ever forget where you came from.


Video screenshot courtesy of Always CuiLin.


------------


Hello people,


I know I'm hardly around these days. But to those who made the bulk of my adolescent and teenage years what they were (I'm sure that you guys and girls I'm talking about know who you are – there are four of you in this picture), I wanna say Thank You... for having put colour into my world during my defining years.

Trust me when I say that I miss the good times. Boy, do I miss the silly things we did together. I miss the lame jokes we all told and heard. I miss our Saturdays afternoon and Sunday morning sessions. I miss the camps we attended. I miss the dance and worship practices. I miss our shared laughter. I miss our late night suppers. I miss our uncomplicated closeness. I miss our heart-to-hearts. And I miss the strong bonds of friendship we used to share.

Know that I cherish the memories, and remember that no matter how far Today may place us from each other, you are not forgotten. I hope to see you soon. Perhaps in church over a weekend when I'm back and you're around. Or better yet, over some hot sup kambing and roti bakar. Till then, I'll be missing you.


Love,
Pam Song

4 comments :

Clark said...

darn.. makes me feel sentimental as well. my highschool friends had a mini reunion around 2 weeks ago back in the philippines... wasn't able to join them. miss my old gang. =(
definitely, high school was one of the best years of my life.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Clark
– Guess some things and some people we never forget huh? Sucks to not be able to meet up when everybody else do. I recently had a mini college meet up. Real tiny. But this group in the pic was from my church in Penang. I miss some of them dearly. Been ages since we got to catch up. Some aren't even in Msia anymore. =(

Clark said...

good thing there's FB... at least people can still catch up.. in my case counting the number of kids that my friends already have =) .. or who ended up with who.. or the ones still single.. =P
well, i'll be meeting some of my high school/college friends in Singapore this weekend.. catch up on things.
nice to bump with you again earlier..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Clark
– Oh, true true. FB is a lifesaver. Haha. But sad to say, mine's pretty dead. I don't have time to really maintain a blog AND keep my FB profile active. Haha. I only update my status. End of story. Haha. And even then, I do it when I update my Twitter cos I use TweetDeck. =p I'm a lazy social networker. =p

But yesss.... It's always the same topic of conversation. Who's married, who's with who, who's no longer with whom, who's working where, who's jobless, who's still sponging off his/her folks... Haha.

Great to hear that you'll be having your reunion this weekend though you missed the one in the Philippines. =)

And yes! Good seeing you again in the lift!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!