Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Is The Perfect Time To Get Depressed

Was talking to a friend over drinks yesterday (it was past midnight so that makes it Christmas Day) when I realised that... shit, most of my close girlfriends from school and college are either married with kids, recently married, engaged to be married, or have been dating the same guy for years and are now waiting to be proposed to.


@_@

When did I fall so far behind
my peers in the Love Department?

Or when did Life and Love decide to
up, elope and leave me behind?


It's scary just realising that some of the girls I grew up with are now mothers who worry about school fees, diapers and skinned knees. The second group now come in buy-1-free-1 packages with their new husbands, enjoy PDA, and are desperate to grow their bellies into the size of watermelons. (Puan Cauliboo, don't make me wait too long. Consider this your last warning.)


The third happily spend their time obsessing over banquet halls, theme colours, bridal showers and floral arrangements. The fourth worry constantly about partners taking them for granted, missed periods, and the nagging feeling that they won't be making their way down the aisle for "I DO" before they start to wrinkle.


Me? I wonder if I'll ever find my Happily Ever After. Such a petty thing when put in comparison to all that other stuff I mentioned in both paragraphs before. But I guess that's the thing about being left behind in Lower Primary when everybody's made it into the morning class. While others worry about multiplication (x) and division (÷), you're still trying to figure out the pluses (+) and the minuses (-).


-_-

Not. Cool. Langsung.

I know I don't usually use this acronym
but right now really calls for it – FML*.


* If you have a way to halal-fy-ing this saying while keeping the emotion intended, let me know. I tried solo-brainstorming but came up blank. Thanks!

6 comments :

sy1n said...

tomz will be my best friend's wedding and she's the last of my close friend from school/college/uni that tying the knot

me? i'm spending christmas thinking of comeback lines to prepare myself for the obvious questions that will be coming at me from tomz all the way till after CNY... pretty much sux too

reading your post makes it even worse. jumping off penang bridge still on? I come join you

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sy1n
– Sucks being us, don't it? Yeah, sure. Penang bridge. What better time to do it than on Christmas night. Easy date to remember. Let's go.

alvinrox said...

Love's not a race, and definitely not a competition between your peers.

Lighten up! What happen to the season where we're suppose to be jolly and happy heh? =)

Don't worry Pam, you'll find that 'butterfly in your tummy' feeling again.

Merry Christmas to you and your family ;)

and don't jump off that bridge.

Felicia Boo said...

Hahah can't believe I'm being warned on the most happening blog huh! Yaa yaa I know...BABY ma u want.. "Kai Ma" title want anot?? But must buy presents etc once in a while okay? ONs la then.

Pam my dear, love will come knocking when u least expect it, I'm sure. I just happened to tie the knot early. U're not too late alright?

Missing u heaps and hope to catch up with u someday. I ought to drop by KL or make a trip to PG ballz.. Send my regards to ur mom & dad, hope it's not too late, Merry Christmas dear.

Mrs Cauliboo

Pam Song said...

ATTN: alvinrox
– Hmmm. Technically, I know it's not a race. But it doesn't help that I'm not getting any younger. I don't believe in being a late mom. And because of that, every other plan needs to get get sooner rather than later.

Problem is... I've gotta get a guy first. And all those I've seen just... well, let's just say I'm still single for a reason.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be blue this time of year. Gotta cheer up. Thing is, holidays leave me with a lot of time on my hands to think about stuff.

Sigh. Maybe I shouldn't have taken leave at all. Now I'm semi glad I only got 2 days off. Am kinda looking forward to going back to work actually. At least it'll take my mind off this crap.

Wanting butterflies in my tummy,
Pam Song

p/s: I didn't jump. Merry Christmas.


ATTN: Felicia a.k.a Mrs Cauliboo
– Hahaha. Needed to get your attention somehow. =p

And ons lah! Khai Ma title you give, I take lah! You dun talk then no action ah... I'll be waiting. You know lah I gila wanna be mother wan. Hahaha. So even if got one Khai in front also I can close one eye. =p

And you're fortunate you found your Forever early. Me? Long lonely road ahead. Sigh.

Come kl ok? If you come alone, you can even come stay with me. =)

Merry Christmas to you, your hubs and your parents. Gotta get get, ok? Time to get busy in the bedroom. =)

Love,
pamsong

Resurrected said...

Younger or older, love is about the choices we make. Some people make those decisions faster, some people slower. But more often then not, we get suprised, like an old friend who sneaks up from behind and saying hi.

Does everyone make those decisions and choices with free will and for right reasons?

I don't find your journey in search of happily ever after petty at all. In fact, it's a serious, joyful and enlightening journey of self awareness and discovery =)

So embrace it =) with your heart (and your mind of course, that keeps you steady)

As for me, it has been long but I am not tired or sick of the journey =) I am still learning and discovering what works and what doesn't and these things are different for everyone. I am happy for my friends who have found their way, but I am also happy that I am still on a journey of discovery and perhaps soon or maybe later, I'll be with her. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!