Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Tsunami At Haeundae



Caught this at The Gardens last weekend. Honestly, if not for the company I was with, I probably wouldn't have even bothered with it. What with Hollywood's 2012 coming up and all, right? Haha. It was between Tsunami At Haeundae and Gamer, actually. Couldn't decide so we asked the girl at the counter and she said Gamer sucked while Tsunami At Haeundae made her cry so... Tsunami At Haeundae it was!


In short, I'd say it was... ok only.


No hot girls to ogle, admire or b*tch about. DEFINITELY NO HOT GUYS – what kind of Korean movie is this, wei!? No never-done-before scenes. (In fact, there were quite a few done-before scenes. -_-) No mind-blowing special effects. Nada.


On the other hand, there was lots of water. (Duh.) Lots of mud. Lots of birds. And more than a lifetime's worth of out-of-tune screaming. Dunno why these Korean actors and actresses cannot talk properly wan. Always screaming and shouting at each other only. Old and young alike. So annoying.


Oddly though, the movie felt really old to me. The colour scheme and all that. Like it was filmed a long time ago. I even turned to my friend to ask if it was an old flick. Haha. No blockbuster feel at all.


Anyways, average acting. Boleh tahan plot. That's all it's got. All in all, like I said, it was ok. Not worth the RM20 we paid at GSC Signature though. Probably worth an RM4 DVD from Penang lah (shared out between the four people who went so it'd really be worth RM1 each. Hahaha.)


But don't just take my word for it. And don't let me ruin it for you if you're already planning on going. It wasn't THAT bad. Watch it lah. But only if you're interested in guessing which scene terrified me no end. Haha. (No brownie points for guessing which if you do.)


Bottom line is this:
No more sad movies the day before Monday.

3 comments :

OLDHAG:D said...

Seems nice!

test said...

Not to watch the movie, The real Tsunami is more frightening...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: AmbiguousAmbitions
– It's okay. Haha. Not a bad try for non-Hollywood budgeted movie. =)


ATTN: Spectre
– Saw before. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!