Monday, October 05, 2009

Tremor Wednesday

Everybody just hit the streets.



Check out smoker boy from Standard Charted. Haha.


The silly brave ones stood
near the building, within the premises.





Haha. Tak kenal mati.


It's funny but... you know what happened to be the first thing that went through my mind when the tremors began?


GRAB YOUR STUFF,
PAM SONG!


Hahaha. So salah, I know. Breaking the most basic of evacuation rules even at first thought. =p But but but... let me tell you the logic behind my thought. (Haaa... see, I not irrational wan. I'm P-R-A-C-T-I-C-A-L. *action face*)


My reason for wanting to grab my stuff was this: If I die and they find my body under the rubble, I want my purse with me so they'll be able to identify my body and let my parents know that I'm gone rather than have them continue to scour the area or go through lists with names of dead/discovered people. Quite morbid hor, my train of thought? But it's true. That was the first thing I thought of.


Next, I remember I grabbed my mobile. Reason being: If the building comes crashing down and I don't die, I'd want my mobile with me so I'd be able to call somebody to let them know that I'm still alive under all that concrete and that they should continue to look for me. Plus, my mobile's torchlight could come in handy.


And finally, I grabbed my MacBook Pro. Hahaha. Didn't even bother ejecting the HDDs. Just cabut and lari. My reason for this was simply this: If I don't die and I happen to make it out of the building before it crumbles into a heap, I'd want to know that although I may have lost some data (I didn't take my HDD, remember?), I'd still have the important stuff. Plus, I had work due Thursday, tremor or not. Haha.


Not bad, right? Haha.
Damn logical man me. =p


But I'm glad I brought my lappie down. Managed to get work done while waiting and even had it approved by the PIC. Since his mobile couldn't read Word documents (we tried Bluetoothing it over but tak boleh buka) I ended up screenshotting (I think I've begun creating tech words) my work and sending it over to his mobile for presentation to Client that evening.


Ahh, the beauty of modern, wireless communication. =)




Anyways, you can just see how crazy things were outside the building. But that's not the end of it. Getting out of the parking lot of madness that day. We were all jammed in even 2 hours after the tremor! Think most people just wanted to rush home to family. Others just wanted to cut work and jet. (Tsk tsk.)


That made it crazy chaotic on the roads, too. (Sorry, no picture for that. Was too busy driving.) I had to go for Round 3 of my acupuncture session so I had to run and it took me over an hour to get from PJ to Subang. -_-'

8 comments :

sy1n said...

and i just stayed on the 10th floor cuz i was burried under too much work to move... besides... it wuz probably some heavy person stomping the ground near me :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sy1n
– Lazy bum.

test said...

frankly I din't feel a thing during earthquake although i did saw lotsa folk ponteng , lepak,call and camwhoring afterward.

PS: If earthquake happen ,the 1st time is to reach open area without building or under table.

PS2: Dump all your stuff and hit for cover ASAP :P or get wacked by flying object

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Spectre
– Hahaha. You all terrible lah. If really everything comes crashing down you all will still be blur. Haha.

Under table is the worst place to be in a quake. Go google.

Unknown said...

Quite shocking isn't it? Sad enough, many still don't know what to do and sat still in their office.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TJ
– Yeah! It's ridiculous! Plus, there were quite a few ppl who just didn't feel anything at all!

Simon Seow said...

I left everything there and took the lift down to lobby :p So wrong right, still takes lift. I left everything because it all belongs to the company, except for my Tupperwater water tumbler lah that is.

Simon Seow said...

*Tupperware

Lifetime guarantee. I wonder if it was crush in an earthquake, still can exchange for a new one or not :p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!