Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Melissa Crabtree Gown

I've never really been a fan of big wedding gowns with hundreds upon hundreds of layers of petticoats and long, trailing trains but... I totally fell in love with this one. And this A-line baby is just MASSIVE!




Isn't it???

Look again!




It's crazy!




And crazy beautiful, too.
(The equally as beautiful bride and her
hourglass figure helped lah, of course.)


Melissa (that's the bride's name) got married in Penang (ahh, affinity already!) actually carried it all the way from England. That's where she studied and met the love of her life – John Crabtree. (YOU ALL REMEMBER OR NOT?? I BLOGGED ABOUT THEM BEFORE! HE SMELLS HER TOES!) To fly halfway across the world with a carry-on like this? Wow. Imagine how toned her arms must be after that journey! Haha.


But ahhh, people often do the impossible
for the perfect wedding day, don't they?




And I don't know her personally but...
her wedding day looked pretty perfect to me.


Mummy adjusting her dress
before she walked down the aisle
of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit
.


Dancing with her daddy during the dinner
at Pelangi Ballroom, Rasa Sayang.



So... yeah. That's that. Lust hour's over. Haha. I shall remember that dress from pictures on my blog and she can keep the real dress with the sweat stains. (Haha. Private joke. She got married in April and hasn't washed it yet! =p) Jokes aside, many thanks to the beautiful bride, Melissa a.k.a Mrs Crabtree, for saying 'yes' to my can-I-please-please-please-steal-a-pic-and-blog-your-dress? pleas. Haha.




And hearty congratulations to
the lovely couple, Mr & Mrs John Crabtree.




p/s: Don't just hear it from me. Read Melissa's own post on her wedding day here. I focused on the dress. There are more pictures of the other stuff in her post. All equally as nice. =)

15 comments :

Lissa said...

Love the dress. :) My dream gown, though, is a little... different. :D

And Reuben massages my feet sometimes. <3

Tiong said...

it's a mop...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. How wan? Describe! And eeee... I jeles! Find me a guy who'll do that for me! Haha.


ATTN: Tiong
– Haha. wth. It's beautiful lah. Haha.

Resurrected said...

i give feet massages, among other things. Want? =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Depends on what your "other things" are. =p

Lissa said...

I'm thinking of an off-shoulder cream gown with a corset-like bodice laced up at the back... And medium/dark gold filigree embroidery over the bodice and hem of the skirt. Not exactly sure if that look will work, but I'm open to other options.

And honestly, I don't know which guy will do that. You just gotta find one utterly and completely devoted to you. :P

Anonymous said...

Oooo...Wedding at the Church of The Holy Spirit!.....Very classical, ambience also somehow very classical. With wedding bells and nice decors...=)

Resurrected said...

erm other things? i wash dirty cups/mugs, i chauffeur, i let her be silly, i buy DVDs including soppy stuff, i listen, i call, i miss her when she's not around.

=P

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– You and Reuben getting married already?? Wheee!!! And laced-up backs are soooo sexy. Haha. Make sure can see some skin. =p Sounds abit medieval. You planning on that? But... I think you can suit the look lah. Haha.

And darn it about the foot massages.


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Nice hor???


ATTN: Resurrected
– Wahhh. So you romantic wan meh?


ATTN: Melissa
– Hahaha. Ok. No panicking. =p

Is selling gowns what ppl usually do in the UK? Did you have to get your gown fitted or did you wear it as is? And how much did they cost anyways?

Melissa said...

No la. People here usually keep their gown till they die. But I feel very wasteful la. Hanging there doing nothing. Could make some money out of it, but in the same time scared I might regret it. =(

The puffy gown I think it was around £1,500 plus the veil and inside hoop. Bought it over a year ago, can't really remember. Got it made for my size but usually it would need alterations when the gown arrives but mine fitted so well didn't have to do any alterations.

The other gown, my mom's friend sewed for me. Last minute wan that one. Got it sewed few days before the wedding, since my mom insisted I wear a different dress for tea ceremony. The materials bought from Kamdar, RM400+ and mom's friend charged me like RM300 to sew.

Harin said...

Hi Pamela. You used to go to Batu Lanchang right? Funny I stumbled across your blog being bored at work and guess what I read about...Melissa's beautiful dress..haha. Small world. Melissa was my "neighbour" back in Penang :)

Melissa, my mum also keeps asking me if I am ONLY going to have 1 dress...hahah. I don't know what to do :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Haha. Why don't you wait a few more years. Maybe a post-baby belly (we all know it's going to happen to the best of us – boo hoo) will convince you to sell it. Right now, while you can still fit, keep it! Haha. At least you can prance around the house in it on days when you feel like looking like a princess. =p

And wow. That gown was expensive! In Malaysia, it's usually about RM3,000 per gown. Dunno if plus veil and inside hoop or not lah.

The fishtail gown was sewn at such short notice? It was a job well done actually. You looked nice. Haha. And for RM700? STEAL!


ATTN: harinder
– Hey!! If I remember correctly, you had an older sister in Batu Lanchang, too! And you used to take ballet. Haha. That's you, right?

Yeah, funny how the Internet brings people together again, huh? And yes, small world! Did you attend Melissa's wedding? It looked really pretty.

Harin said...

Hahaha yup. That's me alright! Oh gosh I just remembered. You did ballet too! And and didn't we dance for some show in school together?

Unfortunately no. We lost contact after I moved from Penang and only just recently got back in touch...viola through the internet as well haha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: harinder
– Haha. Yup yup! Anyways, there's FB now so perhaps we'll not lose touch again. Haha. You keep in touch with the rest from SRKBL? When'd you leave Pg anyways?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!